Job Title: Driver – Makerere University Jobs 2022
Organisation: Makerere University Lung Institute (MLI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Makerere University Lung Institute (MLI) Profile:
Makerere University Lung Institute (MLI) is a centre of excellence for lung health research at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences. Our mission is to conduct high-quality lung health research that integrates disease prevention, clinical care and training in Sub-Saharan Africa. MLI in collaboration with Servicio Madrileño de Salud/Fundación para la Investigación Biomédica Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre and EDCTP are conducting a clinical trial for empirical treatment of cytomegalovirus and tuberculosis among HIV-positive infants.
The driver is responsible for conveying materials, equipment, and staff of the organization to the areas Where they are required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide reliable and secure driving services by driving institute vehicles for the transport of Authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, Arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Assist with supplies and trial material delivery
- Assist with timely movement and pickup of samples between points, e.g., clinic and local
- Laboratories and delivery to trial clinic
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor
- Keep all relevant records including receipts for vehicle maintenance, insurance etc.
- Maintain and update vehicle travel log
- Ensure compliance with traffic and road safety regulations
Minimum Qualifications for Makerere University Jobs 2022:
- Completion of secondary education
- valid driver’s license
- At least three years’ work experience as a driver
- Ability to drive for extended periods
- Strong commitment to safety
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Ability to perform basic vehicle maintenance
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit a one-page cover letter, CV (Maximum 2 pages) with relevant certificates & two reference letters as a single file to [email protected] Indicate, “CONAT” in the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Deadline: 11th July 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.