Job Title: 3 Field Supervisors – Makerere University Jobs 2022
Organization: Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Location: Mukono, Buyende & Mbale, Uganda
Duration: This appointment will be valid for the period of data collection and shall be automatically terminated after
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) is one of the four Schools under the Makerere University College of Health Sciences, a constituent College of Makerere University. Established, in 1922, Makerere University is one of the oldest Universities in Africa and is currently ranked the 2nd best in research in Africa. It was the first university in East Africa to offer degrees in public health and it remains the leading School of Public Health in the region.
About the project
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH) in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MoH), under the USAID’s funded Research for Scalable Solutions (R4S) project will conduct a study titled “An exploratory, mixed-method study of family planning self-care in Nepal, Niger, and Uganda” (Self-care acceptability Study). The rational is that; as countries move towards achieving universal health coverage for Family planning (FP), there is a need to understand the perceptions, behaviors and preferences related to FP self-care and how it may be leveraged to meet FP goals in Nepal, Niger and Uganda. This information will advance understanding of commonalities and differences related to FP self-care in these different contexts. Study findings are also expected to support the thinking around measurement of FP self-care at both the country and global levels, which will help track progress in implementing FP self-care policies and programs.
The Study team seeks to recruit responsible, qualified, and competent individuals who can work with minimum supervision to join its team as Field Supervisors and Research Assistants, to support data collection for the period of data collection. The study districts have been grouped into 3 major district of Mukono, Mbale and Buyende.
Working together with Study Coordinator and Investigators to supervise and support field data collection activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the training of research assistants
- Supervise mapping and listing of selected enumeration areas
- Ensure safe custody of the collected data.
- Ensure that the research assistants collect quality data by following agreed data quality checks.
- Oversee data collected from the field by the research assistants
- Ensure that the collected data are saved in the designed databases on the project server.
- Hold daily debrief meetings with the research assistants to evaluate the day’s activities and plan for the next day
- Prepare and submit daily field reports to the Project Coordinator
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Investigators or study coordinator
Minimum Qualifications for Makerere University Jobs 2022:
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Having worked in at least 2 research projects as a supervisor or similar role.
- Having experience in Mapping and listing
- Experience in Electronic Data Collection using software like Open Data Kit.
- Must possess a valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice or Human Subject Research.
- Should have at least 3 years’ experience in collecting quantitative or/and qualitative health research. Experience in costing studies is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Must be willing to work beyond official working hours in the field
- Ability to lead and to work well in a team
- Willingness to work in fast-paced and occasionally demanding environment
- Ability to fluently speak and read Luganda, Lusoga or Lumasaba
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 4th March 2022, 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug