Job Title: 20 Research Assistants – Makerere University Jobs 2022
Organization: Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH)
Location: (14 Female: 5 Mbale, 5 Mukono & 4 Buyende) & (6 Male: 2 Mbale, 2 Mukono & 2 Buyende)
Duration: This appointment is valid for the period of data collection and shall be automatically terminated
Note: Recruitment of Research Assistants will be based on the above-mentioned study regions. Candidates should indicate their region of interest and language as they apply for this position. Applicants should also clearly state their experience with either qualitative or quantitative data collection
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) is one of the four Schools under the Makerere University College of Health Sciences, a constituent College of Makerere University. Established, in 1922, Makerere University is one of the oldest Universities in Africa and is currently ranked the 2nd best in research in Africa. It was the first university in East Africa to offer degrees in public health and it remains the leading School of Public Health in the region.
About the project
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH) in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MoH), under the USAID’s funded Research for Scalable Solutions (R4S) project will conduct a study titled “An exploratory, mixed-method study of family planning self-care in Nepal, Niger, and Uganda” (Self-care acceptability Study). The rational is that; as countries move towards achieving universal health coverage for Family planning (FP), there is a need to understand the perceptions, behaviors and preferences related to FP self-care and how it may be leveraged to meet FP goals in Nepal, Niger and Uganda. This information will advance understanding of commonalities and differences related to FP self-care in these different contexts. Study findings are also expected to support the thinking around measurement of FP self-care at both the country and global levels, which will help track progress in implementing FP self-care policies and programs.
The Study team seeks to recruit responsible, qualified, and competent individuals who can work with minimum supervision to join its team as Field Supervisors and Research Assistants, to support data collection for the period of data collection. The study districts have been grouped into 3 major district of Mukono, Mbale and Buyende.
Working together with Researchers, Field Supervisors, Study Coordinators, and Investigators to collect data and ensure successful implementation of the study.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend all interviewer training and pre-testing sessions.
- Screen the selected participants and obtain written informed consent
- Perform field data collection and management activities including completing interviews.
- Correctly enter all interview information in the software using the provided gadgets
- Ensure safe custody of both manual and digital data collected and follow all quality checks provided
- Conduct timely follow-up of study participants
- Provide the study team with daily updates on data collection and participate in the development of daily field report
- Prepare data collection forms, devices for data collection, supplies and equipment
- Ensuring consistency of participant identification numbers (PIDs) for all data and labels
- Perform any other duties relevant to this position as may be assigned from time to time through the field supervisor
- Adhere to COVID19 infection prevention and control measures as articulated in the study’s COVID19 risk mitigation plan and as guided by the Ministry of Health.
Minimum Qualifications for Makerere University Jobs 2022:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree or diploma, from a recognized higher institution of learning.
- Worked in at least one research health study/project as a research assistant within the past 3 years.
- Applicants should have demonstrated experience with collecting health-related data using tablets/phones with software such Open Data Kit.
- Experience in collecting data using quantitative or/and qualitative research methods
- Possession of a Certificate in Good Clinical Practice or/and Human Subjects Protection is an added advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Willingness to work in fast-paced and occasionally demanding environment
- Ability to fluently speak Luganda, Lusoga or Lumasaba
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 4th March 2022, 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug