Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Data Entry Specialist – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Duty Station: Mulago
Position Number: MUWRP/01/06/2021
Makerere University Walter Reed Project Profile:
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma districts.
The incumbent will serve as a Laboratory Data Entry specialist for the Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) located at the Mulago School of Health Sciences. The individual will serve and train under the immediate supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor. The incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to receive and handle laboratory data, process and send to the respective collaborating projects as well as data archiving.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Receive and enter data in the database from either Lab supervisor and/or lab Director and give it first priority and bearing in mind turn-around-time (TAT) of the results to the collaborating Project.
2. Photocopying, file raw data and reports, as well as archival of laboratory documentation.
3. Provide support to the billing of laboratory assays performed for external and internal collaborations, receive and monitor billing of outsourced laboratory testing and liaise with the accounting department to ensure bills are distributed and paid accordingly.
4. Develop and generate monthly reports to characterize the TAT and workload for assays performed per protocol in the laboratory.
5. Tracking of laboratory data forms and results.
6. Any other duties as directed by the Laboratory Manager/ designee
Minimum Qualifications for Makerere University Jobs 2021
1. General education with at least a Diploma, or its equivalent. At least 1-year relevant experience, in data entry in a Laboratory/biomedical research environment.
2. At least, 2 years working experience in a medical/research laboratory.
3. Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Good computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, E-mail and Internet. Experience with database entry a plus.
5. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
6. Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
7. Experience in a hospital/clinical/research setting is an added advantage.
8. Knowledge of basic medical terminology and some experience in note taking for scientific meetings desirable
PHYSICAL ABILITY: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate. The incumbent should have ability to travel to and from work and the Project’s collaborative sites in Kayunga, Entebbe and any other if necessary. The incumbent is expected to be able to sit for extended periods of time.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager or designee as mutually agreed upon with the Laboratory Director
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 25th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.