Job Title: 10 Fresher Research Assistants – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University School of Public Health
Duty Station: Kampala
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) is the recipient of a research grant from the Federal Government of Germany, through the Collaboration for Evidence-Based Healthcare and Public Health in Africa (CEBHA+) Project. The Trauma, Injury, and Disability (TRIAD) team will conduct research titled “Assessment of the COVID-19 pandemic on mobility patterns in the Kampala Metropolitan Area.’’
The objective of the study is to assess the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on mobility patterns in the Kampala Metropolitan Area. This information will be useful in transportation planning and COVID-19 transmission mitigation during the ongoing pandemic and post COVID-19 periods considering the continuing risk of infection transmission, as well as concerns about increased transportation costs, congestion in public transport, and road traffic crashes.
The project seeks to recruit ten (10) research assistants to support the implementation of its activities who will work under the overall supervision of the Project Coordinator.
Terms of Service:
This exercise is expected to last for one month including weekends.
Level of Effort: The research assistants will be expected to devote 100% of their time to the project. The official working hours run from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Although the MakSPH observes all official hours of work and public holidays, it may be necessary from time to time to work extra hours in order to execute tasks in a timely manner.
Roles and responsibilities:
Attending all training and pretesting activities
- Conducting mapping and listing of selected enumeration areas
- Performing data collection activities including administering informed consent, conducting and completing interviews in accordance with the study protocol
- Ensuring safe custody and institute quality checks of the data being collected
- Answering study related questions that the respondents may ask before or during the course of data collection
- Ensuring data collected from the field is correctly saved in the existing databases on the allotted server
- Providing the research supervisor with daily field updates on data collection and participate in the development of daily field report
- Performing any other duties relevant to this position as may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications for Makerere University Jobs 2021
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized higher institution of learning.
- Demonstrated experience with collecting health related data using tablets/phones uploaded with ODK system or any other electronic data collection system.
- Experience of conducting quantitative and/or qualitative interviews, mapping and listing selected enumeration areas.
- Proficiency in Luganda (reading, writing and speaking)
- Experience working in at least one research project as a research assistant in the last two years.
- A valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and or Human Subject Research is an added advantage. You can follow this link url: https://gcp.nidatraining.org/ to obtain the certificate.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Must be willing to work beyond official working hours and under strict timelines.
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their softcopy applications via Email to [email protected] and copy in [email protected] Applications should be addressed to: The Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health, Makerere University, P.O. Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda.
Late applications will not be considered. The application must provide names and contacts of two referees, and the applicant’s own phone contacts together with a detailed curriculum vita. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 24th June 2021 at 12:00 Noon EAT
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.