Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Assistant Accountant – MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal and Fisheries (MAAIF) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal and Fisheries (MAAIF) Profile:
GIZ- Responsible Fisheries Business Chain Project (RFBCP) in Partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal and Fisheries (MAAIF) is implementing various activities in the Directorate of Fisheries Resources (DIFR), Department of Fisheries Regulation, Control and Quality Assurance in Entebbe. In order to support the project implementation, the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries is to recruit an Assistant Accountant and Data Officer,
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant positions existing in GIZ-RFBCP project on contract terms.
• Work with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
• Process incoming payments.
• Receive, process, and reconcile statements.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Generate and review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Prepare for audit exercises.
• Ensure compliance with accounting procedures as per the grant contract.
• Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
• Perform administrative and any other tasks as may be assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and/or Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting Option) from a recognized institution
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data
• Outstanding mathematics and research skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
How To Apply for MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should HAND DELIVER their applications in the Security registry on the address below;
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O Box 102 Entebbe- Uganda.
Applicants should attach copies of their Academic and Professional qualifications including a copy of the National Identity Card.
Note: Female candidates and people with Disabilities are strongly advised to apply. MAAIF Projects are equal opportunities employers. Therefore, any form of canvassing will lead to automatic cancellation of one’s application.
All services are offered free of charge, therefore, no money is required at any stage of recruitment.
Deadline: 25th September 2020 at 5:00pm