LWF Uganda Jobs 2022 – 14 Diploma Project Assistants (Livelihoods)
August 11, 2022
Job Title: 14 Project Assistants (Livelihoods) – LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Adjumani (3), Lamwo (2), Kyangwali (3), Lamwo (2), Rwamwanja (2) and Obongi (2)
Reports to: Project Officer (Livelihoods)
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
Under the guidance of the Livelihood project officer, the Project Assistant Livelihoods is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the project activities while touch basing with the beneficiaries constantly. The project Assistant is field based ensuring that all the livelihoods’ activities are implemented as planned with the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare periodic work plans together with the livelihoods project officer on the livelihoods sector in line with the agreed scheduled in the project document.
- Work with project officer in planning and implementation of livelihood sector specific activities
- Conduct mobilization, sensitization and training of project beneficiaries on basic appropriate methodologies as outline in the project document.
- Prepare implementation data (VSLA data, distribution list attendant list, selection criteria etc. for livelihoods inputs in liaison with the livelihood project officer and local community.
- Work with local authorities, community leader, relevant civil society and non-governmental organization, collaborating/implementing partners and other stakeholders in order to achieve the objectives and facilitate project implementation.
- Manage the farmer group interest by ensuring quality of activities provided to beneficiaries (meeting farmer groups and sharing of ideas).
- Ensure that the livelihoods Project’s objectives/outputs are achieved according to the work plans as stipulated in the project document.
- Carry out regular monitoring visits to farmer’s groups/ persons of concern and ensure that reports are written on each visit and shared with the livelihoods project officer.
- Contribute to organizational learning through systematic documentation, monitoring, evaluation and sharing of information with project officer and the relevant project team teams.
- Lead and manage persons of concern while ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, providing supervision, guidance and mentoring, encouraging effective team work and and building a team spirit through regular meetings and events and clear reporting mechanisms for each team member.
- Work with the Project Officer in identifying marginalized groups and individuals as well as potential intermediaries;
Project Monitoring and Reporting:
- Promote active participation of other staff, beneficiaries and intermediaries in the planning, implementation and evaluation of project activities as required
- Conduct regular visits to the project sites to ensure that activities are in line with the project document.
- Oversee the implementation of livelihood activities by the group to monitor project output/outcome and ensure an appropriate solution to the problem arising.
- Ensure that proper mapping of project site is done & information shared on time to the project team
Documentation of project data and information
- Update beneficiaries support data base to enable tracking of the progress in line with the project document.
- Update group constitution, updated membership list, VSLA data, training report at group level
- Collect and document interest/success stories showing the output/outcome of the livelihood project on the beneficiaries.
- Develop and maintain close and good working relationships with the community leaders and local authorities.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022:
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 24th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.