Job Title: Diploma Dispenser – Lira Regional Referral Hospital Jobs
Organization: Lira Regional Referral Hospital
Job Location: Lira
Report to: Nursing Officer
Lira Regional Referral Hospital Profile:
Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango Project (RHITES-N, Lango) is a USAID funded project, operating in the nine districts of the Lango sub-region of northern Uganda (Alebtong, Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Kwania, Lira, Otuke and Oyam). RHITES-N, Lango aims at increasing the effective use of sustainable health services in the region. The Project is led by John Snow, Inc. in partnership with African Medical and Research Foundation (Amref), Doctors with Africa (CUAMM), The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) and Another Option.
The project will contribute to measurable improvements in key Ugandan national health indicators (HIV; tuberculosis [TB]; malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health [MNCH]; family planning [FP]; water, sanitation, and hygiene [WASH]; and nutrition).
The USAID RHITES N, Lango Project which started in February 2018 and will end in February 2023, in partnership with Ministry of Health, Lira Regional Referral Hospital (LRRH) wishes to advertise for the following positions. USAID RHITES-N, Lango will facilitate the recruitment of qualified Ugandans on behalf of Lira RRH.
The hospital is a 400 bed hospital situated in Lira Municipality in Lira town with a catchment population of about 2.3 million people. It is a referral facility offering both specialized and general services.
The purpose of this job is to provide dispensary, drug storage & management services and education on the use of medication to patients & their care-takers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Dispense drugs to clients.
• Conduct prescription /counselling of clients.
• Ensure proper recording of drugs.
• Monitor drug stock and inform the supervisor.
• Participate in the drug stock-taking.
• Participate in planning and budgeting for the section/ department.
• Participate in CME and any other trainings organized by the hospital
• Provide health education on drug use.
• Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
• Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
• Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
• Diploma in Pharmacy
• At least one (1) year working experience as Dispenser
• A valid annual Practicing License
How To Apply for Lira Regional Referral Hospital Jobs
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should hand deliver their applications and CVs at the Human Resource Office, Lira Regional Referral Hospital P.O Box 2, Lira Uganda
Deadline: 10th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.