Job Title: 2 Information Technology Officers – Lira Referral Hospital Jobs
Organization: Lira Regional Referral Hospital
Duty Station: Uganda
Project Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Reports to: Program Manager
Lira Regional Referral Hospital Profile:
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project. The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability. Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results. The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement an updated ICT policy to guide the RRH operations
- Establishing long term needs for the information system to promote the increased proliferation and ambitious application of ICT within the Institution and advises management on the appropriate ICT strategies.
- Providing technical support and guidance on all matters of procurement, utilization and maintenance of ICT hardware and software to the Institution.
- Establishing and advising the Institution on technical installation, priorities, standards, procedures, management and telecom equipment and systems.
- Training staff in using ICT equipment and related software including use of electronic medical records.
- Supporting teams coordinating Continuing medial and professional development to deliver courses using ICT equipment such a video conferencing.
- In consultation with the MoH and facility M & E teams in generating a robust monitoring and evaluation system for ICT related work including providing data capturing tools and enforcing their use.
- Maintaining confidentiality, security and reliability of the information system as per ICT policy.
- Maintaining of all Institution computer hardware and software in accordance with the established National Standards.
- Reviewing, designing, implementing and maintaining sound Local Area Network and Wide Area Network systems for the Institution.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- The applicant should hold an Honours degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics majoring in Computing, Telcom Engineering or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in information technology in the health sector
How To Apply for Lira Referral Hospital Jobs
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to;
Lira Regional Referral Hospital,
P.O. BOX 2, Lira. Uganda
Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry
OR via email to: [email protected] (File size must not exceed 2MB.)
Deadline: 23rd December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.