Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 2 Enrolled Nurses in TB UNIT – Lira Referral Hospital Jobs
Organization: Lira Regional Referral Hospital
Job Location: Lira
Report to: Nursing Officer
Number of positions: 2
Lira Regional Referral Hospital Profile:
Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango Project (RHITES-N, Lango) is a USAID funded project, operating in the nine districts of the Lango sub-region of northern Uganda (Alebtong, Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Kwania, Lira, Otuke and Oyam). RHITES-N, Lango aims at increasing the effective use of sustainable health services in the region. The Project is led by John Snow, Inc. in partnership with African Medical and Research Foundation (Amref), Doctors with Africa (CUAMM), The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) and Another Option.
The project will contribute to measurable improvements in key Ugandan national health indicators (HIV; tuberculosis [TB]; malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health [MNCH]; family planning [FP]; water, sanitation, and hygiene [WASH]; and nutrition).
The USAID RHITES N, Lango Project which started in February 2018 and will end in February 2023, in partnership with Ministry of Health, Lira Regional Referral Hospital (LRRH) wishes to advertise for the following positions. USAID RHITES-N, Lango will facilitate the recruitment of qualified Ugandans on behalf of Lira RRH.
The hospital is a 400 bed hospital situated in Lira Municipality in Lira town with a catchment population of about 2.3 million people. It is a referral facility offering both specialized and general services.
Nurses plan and provide medical and nursing care to patients in hospital, at home or in other settings who are suffering from chronic or acute physical or mental ill health.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Providing quality nursing care and treatment to patients
• Provide direct patient care and is responsible for assessing, planning, and evaluating patients.
• Receive, registering, and triage clients in order to access proper medical care.
• Sensitizing patients /attendants about basic health care practices, giving health education talks on various topics of importance.
• Giving out treatment to patients as prescribed by the clinician and carrying out nursing procedures at all times as required.
• Ensure correct administration of drugs and perform the daily ART refilling for Clients.
• Keeping patients comfortable and ensuring a clean, safe and healthy working environment.
• Ensuring safe and effective measures of infection control among clients/patients especially on infectious diseases e.g. TB
• Prepare the work area and ensure all the equipment are in place and in good working order.
• Manage the follow up care ordered by doctors (including making any follow-up appointments, and facilitating referrals and further investigations).
• Participating in bedside nursing procedures as a member of the caring team;
• Participating in continuous nursing coverage in the unit by receiving report and handing over of duties, compiling and submitting daily nursing care service activity reports.
• Offer counselling and testing services to clients.
• Ensuring confidentiality of clients.
• Observing and keeping proper records about the patients, in safe custody
• Manage the nursing and laboratory supplies and inventory, including making requests for drugs, equipment, supplies, maintenance of drug records.
• Participate in the CQI team meetings and activities
• Responsible for patient flow through the facility
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• A minimum of a Certificate in Nursing from any recognized institution, a Diploma will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar job
• A clear and concise understanding of the psychosocial issues relating to health and illness
• Good communication, team building, motivational skills
• A valid annual practicing license
How To Apply for Lira Referral Hospital Jobs
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should hand deliver their applications and CVs at the Human Resource Office, Lira Regional Referral Hospital P.O Box 2, Lira Uganda
Deadline: 10th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.