Job Title: Software Developer (Backend) – Laboremus Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Laboremus Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Laboremus Uganda Profile:
Laboremus Uganda creates financial technology solutions for clients in East Africa and Europe. We help large banks, financial institutions, and start-up banks get digital. Leveraging our expertise, we also bring financial technology to the underserved: alone and in partnership with others. We believe digital financial services should be tailored, simple, and accessible for everyone. Laboremus Uganda is part of the Laboremus Group, which was founded in Norway in 1996. Today, the group has offices in Norway, Serbia and Uganda. In 2018, we started Emata, a fintech that provides affordable loans to farmers in East Africa using big data, alternative credit scoring algorithms, and end-to-end digital processes.
At Laboremus, we only employ the best. Our team consists of brilliant developers, product managers, and data scientists. We give you both the freedom and responsibility to create work that makes you stand out. We continuously invest in personal development through training and certifications, in addition to offering health insurance, salary loans, flexible “Work from home”- policy, and daily lunches in our office garden.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop clean, reusable, and testable code with performance in mind
- Collaborate with developers, designers, project managers, testers and consultants to build complex software solutions for the financial sector
- Work on projects spanning our entire stack including mobile apps, web applications, and APIs
- Utilize the latest technology trends and patterns like big data analytics, machine learning, AI to deliver client solutions
Some of the technologies we work with
- C#, Java, Python, ASP.NET, Ruby
- SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL
- Entity Framework, NHibernate
- Cloud technologies, Azure, AWS
- AI and Data science
- Android, iOS
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
For this position, we are looking for a person who is a problem solver at heart with strong analytical skills. You are also a team player with good communication skills and most importantly you are eager to keep learning. Ideally you are excited about fintech, big data, and finance.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- At least 4 years of related working experience in backend development, preferably C#
- Knowledge and working experience with REST API, JSON and XML
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with developing software using OOP principles
- Have a working understanding of UI design practices including Material design, wireframing, storyboarding, UI mocks, responsive design
- Proficient understanding of code versioning and peer review development tools such as Git
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently/effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to grow as a software engineer/passionate about learning to improve yourself and teaching.
IT’S NICE IF YOU HAVE:
- A university qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or any engineering field
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery tools like TeamCity and Jenkins
- Experience developing microservices architecture-based applications
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum
- Experience building software for finance services providers or related field
- Passionate about solving big problems in the fintech and financial inclusion
Candidates might be asked to send further details on projects worked on and/or asked to present them. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
How To Apply for Laboremus Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and applications online via the link below:
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.