Job Title: Impact team officer – Laboremus Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Laboremus Uganda
Location: Central Uganda
Laboremus Uganda Profile:
Laboremus Uganda delivers digital financial technology infrastructure for clients in East Africa and Europe. We help large banks, financial institutions, and start-up banks get digital. Leveraging our expertise, we also bring financial technology to the underserved: alone and in partnership with others. Laboremus Uganda is part of the Laboremus Group which was founded in Norway in 1996. Today, the group has offices in Norway, Serbia, and Uganda.
In 2017, we launched Emata. Backed by the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), Norad, Rabobank Foundation and Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU), Emata provides loans to farmers based on alternative credit scoring algorithms and cloud-based ledger technology.
Emata utilizes Laboremus’ expertise in financial technology to develop solutions that have a real, positive impact on people’s lives. Emata started in 2017 and is the first digital agri-bank in Africa. Emata provides affordable loans and other digital financial products to farmers across East Africa, starting with dairy farmers in Uganda.
Emata also supports dairy cooperatives by digitalizing their milk delivery records, payments, and reporting. We are currently rolling out Emata in the Central region and we plan to expand to other regions in Uganda later this year.
As part of our Impact Team, you oversee our field activities and play a key part in rolling out and supporting cooperatives and farmers that use Emata. You also act as a link between our technical and product teams and the users to collect feedback and promote Emata and its vision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Select, onboard, train, and support cooperatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner NGOs, cooperatives, and farmers.
- Collect user feedback to support continuous product development.
- Give presentations and demos.
You will work closely with the Emata product team. This role is based in the central region with frequent travels to the field.
We are looking for an outgoing and communicative person with great talent and skill for training people and building trustful relationships. In a perfect world, you bring:
- Ability to build and manage relationships with people from all walks of life
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service attitude
- Self-starting and can-do mentality
- Structured and organised working style
- Professional command of English, Luganda, and Runyankole
- Computer proficiency
- Driving license
- Prior experience in technology or agriculture is an added advantage
What we are looking for
Apart from a fun, fast and meaningful working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous investment in your personal development through training, courses and certifications.
- Comprehensive benefit package, incl. health insurance, lunch, airtime allowance, access to salary loans and more.
Are you the one we’re looking for?
How To Apply for Laboremus Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.