Job Title: Junior Agronomist – Kyagalanyi Coffee Jobs 2022
Organization: Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd
Job Location: Masaka, Uganda
Reports to: Scheme Manager
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd Profile:
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. [KCL] is a member of the Volcafe group, the coffee division of ED&F Man. It is the oldest and largest coffee exporter in Uganda and the first to become ISO 9001:2008 certified. We buy Arabica and Robusta in all coffee producing regions and export about 15% of Uganda’s coffee production to over 30 consuming countries around the world. The company heavily invests in Uganda’s coffee infrastructure and people. Our quality-oriented business strategy aims to lift up the entire coffee sector and improve the quality perception of Ugandan Arabica and Robusta around the globe.
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd supports commercial Robusta farmers within the Commercial Robusta Scheme to sustainably increase coffee production and quality. The Junior Agronomist will take the lead in ensuring that sustainable commercial Robusta schemes are achieved within this region.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Team management and Capacity Building
- To coordinate and implement farm visits and farm trainings
- Coordinate and conduct internal inspections
- Promote the adoption of Good Agricultural Practices to sustainably increase coffee yield and profits
- Coordinate and mobilize certified coffee volumes and maintain traceability documentation
- Conduct data entry and basic analysis.
- Minimum qualification is a Bachelor in the field of Agriculture, Agricultural Economics or Crop production with at least 1-2 years’ experience in a related field of work (coffee, certification, farmer support) or a Diploma in one of the same fields with at least 5 years’ experience in coffee, certification and farmer support.
- Proven knowledge of coffee farming & processing
- Good understanding of the commercial aspect of coffee production
- Proven capacity to manage a team and build their capacity
- Practical experience with monitoring & reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to speak Luganda is an added advantage
- Willingness and (physical) ability to work extensively in rural areas with farmers
- Experience in riding a motorbike; possession of a valid riding license is an added advantage.
How To Apply for Kyagalanyi Coffee Jobs 2022
All interested candidates should send their online application letters and updated CVs with three referees to [email protected]. Please note that due to the high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted and only online applications will be accepted.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and no fees should
be paid at all for applying for any roles at Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. All qualified applicants will receive equal
treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion, or belief, ethnic or national origin,
marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation
or any characteristic protected by local law. We also take reasonable steps to accommodate applicants
with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Deadline: 25th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug