Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Officer Media Relations – KCCA Jobs 2021
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Profile:
The Authority is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. The Authority is the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority
Responsible for overseeing communications to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media reps.
Roles and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Supervisor Communications and Media Relations for performing the following duties:-
2. Facilitating the flow of information to media through corporate publications in line with the Departmental guidelines.
3. Identifying and growing business media partnerships with KCCA business in line with the Corporate Mission.
4. Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of KCCA media interactions and making recommendations in line with the Departmental guidelines.
5. Receiving and responding to queries and advising stakeholders in line with the Authority’s Policy and objectives.
6. Coordinating press conferences and facilitating the distribution of information and materials to the press.
7. Advising immediate supervisor from time to time on the best practice in the implementation of public relations campaign in media, in line with corporate guidelines.
8. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Mass Communication (Public Relations option), or Journalism or any other related field from a recognized University or Institution. Specialized training in Public Relations or Journalism is an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years of working experience in media relations and Public Relations at Assistant Officer or Officer level in Government or from a reputable organization.
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.