Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Division Clerk to Council – KCCA Jobs 2021
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Profile:
The Authority is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. The Authority is the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority
Perform a range of clerical duties and legal requirements, such as recording the minutes of council meetings, filing municipal records, and drafting agendas.
Roles and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Clerk to Authority for performing the following duties:-
2. Preparing Division Sectorial Committee schedules, agenda and monthly reports for meetings in line with the Authority guidelines.
3. Maintaining an updated record of Division Council Minutes, Ordinances and Resolutions in line with the Authority guidelines and policies.
4. Making necessary follow ups of Division Council Resolutions with action officers in line with Authority guidelines.
5. Conducting necessary research and providing support materials to aid Division Council in making decisions.
6. Arranging for Division Council Committee meetings and site visits in consultation with relevant Director and Committee Chairpersons.
7. Making preparations for Division budget meetings in consultation with Planning Department as per the budgeting guidelines.
8. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honour’s Bachelor’s Degree in either Law or Social Sciences or Public Administration or any other related field from a recognized University/Institute. Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant field, as well as a formal qualification in either Urban Governance or Administrative Law or Parliamentary Procedures, will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years working experience at Assistant Officer or Officer level in either legal practice or parliamentary procedures.
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.