Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Project Manager – KAS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Uganda Profile:
KAS is a political foundation, closely associated with the Christian Democratic Union of Germany. In Germany and internationally, we are committed to achieving and maintaining peace, freedom and justice through political education. We promote and preserve free democracy, the social market economy, and the development and consolidation of the value consensus.
The position of Programme Manager supports the implementation of the KAS programme in Uganda and South Sudan
Roles and responsibilities:
• Participation in the development and conceptualisation of the KAS programme in Uganda and South Sudan as well as the designing of activities, work plans, budgets, and monitoring schemes.
• Planning and implementation of KAS activities, including the development of concept notes and budgets, administration of the activities and preparation of the necessary financial and narrative reports.
• Liaising with key stakeholders from government and civil society in the relevant programme areas in Uganda and South Sudan.
• Liaising with partner organizations in the development of partnership goals, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities – including technical support in the preparation of concept notes, budgets, programmes as well as assessing and supporting the logistical needs of activities (including travelling to the respective areas of implementation).
• Supporting the research and publication undertakings of KAS through the identification of research topics, authorship and/or review of publication texts as well as taking part in
the identification of and communication with experts/consultants.
• Regularly undertaking research and preparing analyses on major developments (political, social or economic) relevant to the KAS portfolio in Uganda and South Sudan.
• Managing the day-to-day presence of KAS Uganda and South Sudan in social media; managing and facilitating the KAS social media community by responding to social media posts; monitoring, analyzing and reporting on performance on social media; constantly updating KAS related homepages.
• Supporting the acquisition, planning and implementation of externally supported KAS implemented projects.
• Supporting the financial and administrative functions of the KAS office.
• Representing KAS in external functions and events.
• Any other duties relating to the KAS programme in Uganda and South Sudan as may be assigned from time to time.
• Degree in Social Sciences (Bachelor, Master, PhD) such as Political Science, Human
Geography, History, Sociology, Law, Economics, Education, Communication Studies.
• Strong Analytical skills.
• Strong Communication, (copy)writing and editing skills (excellent command of English
language, knowledge of German and/or any other languages is a plus).
• At least 3 years of experience in Project Management and Project Administration.
• Solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, knowledge and
understanding of algorithms and search engine optimization.
• Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas.
• You are an excellent organizer and time keeper with the capacity to prioritize and able to work across multiple projects and under time pressure.
• You are a strong and respectful team player who works goal-oriented and selfresponsibly with little guidance and supervision.
• You are a reliable and integer personality and have demonstrated a high level of adaptability to new environments.
• You have a positive attitude, strong collaboration and networking skills.
• You have an eye for detail and the ability to work accurately and are always eager to
• You commit yourself to our Mission: Shaping. Democracy. Together.
What to expect
• An exciting and challenging work environment in the social and political sphere.
• A professional and committed team that cultivates respectful relationships with one another and is committed to a culture of open and fair discussion. We work together in a collective, trustful and innovative manner.
• Exposure to an exciting network at the national and international level.
• Attractive salary, health insurance and professional equipment.
• Various opportunities for professional growth.
How To Apply for KAS Uganda Jobs 2021
Please submit the following documents: CV, Letter of Motivation incl. references, Certificates of Academic Degrees to our email address [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and might be asked to submit additional documents.
Closing Date: 12th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.