Job Title: Revenue Assurance Accountant – Kampala Hospital Jobs 2022
Organization: Kampala Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Kampala Hospital Profile
Kampala Hospital is a privately-owned hospital that was established in 2007. Our mandate was and is to bring non-existent services to the countries that were often sought by many people who frequently moved abroad to seek quality medical care.
The Revenue Assurance Accountant will mainly analyze the hospital financial records to gauge their accuracy and ensure that payments are made in a timely manner. The position aims at improving cash flows, along with profits and revenues, without compromising or influencing demand.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for ensuring that revenue accruals and actuals are prepared in line with both hospital policy, standard processes and accounting rules and conventions. This includes preparation of month-end adjustments and accruals and other adjustments/accruals as required. Ensuring the related costs of revenue and other associated accounting entries are correctly posted.
- Manage the end-to-end process redesign and development of the revenue operations functions in line with better practice principles and hospital need.
- Lead ongoing continuous improvement of revenue billing to collection processes, systems and staff members and improve credit risk, reducing the hospital bad debt exposure with a target that all customers meet their obligations in accordance with agreed terms.
- Manage the key linkages between revenue operations, and finance including improving data integrity, ensuring data process flows are understood and owned with clear accountabilities and revenue operations reconciliations are developed and undertaken on a regular cycle, with follow up of exceptions and variances.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and follow up on reconciling items.
- Monthly preparation of VAT returns and Withholding Tax
- Provide data analysis for strategic and tactical decision making. Analyze transactional volumes and work trends across the revenue services teams to identify ongoing improvement opportunities and provide routine and ad-hoc performance reporting against KPIs. Support measures that meet statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Develop, implement and lead ongoing management of cash flow forecasting.
- Provide leadership across the revenue services internal control and governance including developing improved internal controls, reporting, policies and procedures as well as training where needed across the function and organization to improve revenue assurance practices and eliminate errors. This also includes creating a greater focus on revenue leakage elimination across the Hospital.
- To perform any other duties that may arise in line with this role or the function it supports and as assigned from time to time.
- Perform all Revenue Assurance Accountant’ duties in accordance with all KHL policies & procedures
- Role modelling excellence in practice, sharing a broad base of finance knowledge and contributing to the development and maintenance of standards of practice within KHL.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Real time measurement and recognition of revenue.
- Timely and monthly bank reconciliations and VAT and Withholding Tax Statutory Return.
- Maintenance of accurate and Complete Debtors Ageing in the System and reporting on a monthly basis.
- Ability to discern any Fraud/malpractices.
- Constant Communication with the credit control personnel and billers regarding bills that may not be agreeable.
- Monthly reconciliations of terms of credit in line with approval matrix and reporting.
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Administration/other relevant degree, specializing in accounting,
- Professional certification courses like CPA /ACCA are an added advantage
- A minimum of three years of working experience in a similar field is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to details
- Confidence to provide sound professional advise
- Critical thinking skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to develop and maintain work relationships across departments
How To Apply for Kampala Hospital Jobs 2022
All candidates should Email their applications with updated CVs to: [email protected]
Deadline: 15th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.