Job Title: Estates Officer – Kabale University Jobs 2021
Organization: Kabale University
Duty Station: Uganda
Salary Scale: M6.2
No. of posts: 01
Ref. No. : EXT AD 06/4/2021
Reports to: Senior Estates Officer
Responsible for: Assistant Estates Officer
Kabale University Profile:
The University was established as a not-for-profit community institution, owned by the people of Kigezi. The University opened its gates in 2002 to forty-two (42) students and presently has an enrolment of about 3000: coming from all parts of Uganda, and the neighbouring countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Congo (DRC) and South Sudan.
In 2015, Kabale University was transformed from a private to a public University under Statutory Instrument No. 36 of 16th July 2015, under the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001 (as amended). Prior to this change in legal status, the University had obtained a Charter in 2014 (Certificate No. UI.CH.008) – the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education. Kabale University is, therefore, a unique institution in Uganda, enjoying the status of being the first institution of its kind to transform from private to public
Kabale University has great potential of being the leading university in the Great Lakes Region, given its location and opportunity of offering quality education to the Anglophone and Francophone parts of the region, thereby enhancing social and economic integration.
- To supervise and advise on management of the University estates.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supports the development of policies, standards, strategies, plans and budgets for the management of the University’s estates.
- Manages inventory of the Universities estates including safe custody records pertaining to titling of University land.
- Undertakes or supervises the periodic valuation of University estates.
- Supports the acquisition of additional land and developed property by the University.
- Liaises with the Senior Engineer/ Civil for the execution of construction, rehabilitation and repair civil works on the University building infrastructure.
- Supervises the development of Master and physical plans for the development of University land.
- Supervises the conduct of surveys, demarcation or titling of University land.
- Liaises with the University Secretary for allocation of residential units, office space or business rentals.
- Supports the drafting of rental contracts and notices, monitors use and ensures that contract terms are adhered to.
- Liaises with the Legal Services Unit and other authorities to deal with infringements on the University estates.
- Conducts property market surveys and advises on the pricing and collection of revenue for rental space or building space.
- Monitors span of leases and renews them accordingly.
- Inspects University buildings and other property, gets feedback from occupants and compiles and reports the problems or challenges to the appropriate authorities for action.
- Undertakes any other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director/ Estates and Works.
- Should have a degree in either Estates Management, Civil Engineering, Surveying, Built Environment, Valuation, Physical Planning from a recognized University.
- Should be registered by a recognized professional body where required.
- Should have well developed interpersonal relationship, negotiation communication skills.
- Should have the ability to effectively establish supporting networks with internal and external Stakeholders.
- Should be computer literate.
- Should have at least three (3) years’ experience in either construction, property management, estates management or management of the built environment.
- Should have sound knowledge of project management.
How To Apply for Kabale University Jobs 2021
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in sealed envelopes clearly indicating the position applied for and serial number to the address below, including an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certified Transcripts and Certificates, Postal and Telephone Contacts, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees:
University Secretary, Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office
Kabale University OR 3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Kikungiri Campus Opposite Gapco Petrol Station, Bombo Road,
P.O Box 317, Wandegeya -Kampala.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Applicants shall be subjected to a background checks.
Deadline: 10th January 2022 at 5 p.m.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.