Job Title: Assistant Sports Officer – Kabale University Jobs 2021
Organization: Kabale University
Duty Station: Uganda
Salary Scale: M7
No. of posts: 01
Ref. No. : EXT AD 07/4/2021
Reports to: Sports Officer
Kabale University Profile:
The University was established as a not-for-profit community institution, owned by the people of Kigezi. The University opened its gates in 2002 to forty-two (42) students and presently has an enrolment of about 3000: coming from all parts of Uganda, and the neighbouring countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Congo (DRC) and South Sudan.
In 2015, Kabale University was transformed from a private to a public University under Statutory Instrument No. 36 of 16th July 2015, under the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001 (as amended). Prior to this change in legal status, the University had obtained a Charter in 2014 (Certificate No. UI.CH.008) – the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education. Kabale University is, therefore, a unique institution in Uganda, enjoying the status of being the first institution of its kind to transform from private to public
Kabale University has great potential of being the leading university in the Great Lakes Region, given its location and opportunity of offering quality education to the Anglophone and Francophone parts of the region, thereby enhancing social and economic integration.
- To assist in the conduct of sporting activities at the campus and off-campus.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assists in preparing students for participation in national, regional and international games and sporting events.
- Implements sporting and recreational programs for the University.
- Conducts physical exercises for the University Team.
- Notifies the medical team of the physical condition of players for necessary action.
- Supports the running of University sports tournaments and other sporting and recreational events.
- Assists in coaching the University Teams in the relevant field of expertise.
- Assists in managing the welfare of the University sports teams while on training.
- Manages training kits and other equipment for sporting and recreational programs.
- Assists in supervising support staff tending the sports grounds.
- Performs any other official duties as assigned by the Senior Sports Tutor.
- Should have a degree in either Sports Science, Physical Education, Education, Sport and Exercise Psychology, Sports Management or Biological Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Should have coaching qualifications in at least one game.
- Working experience with students is an added advantage.
How To Apply for Kabale University Jobs 2021
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in sealed envelopes clearly indicating the position applied for and serial number to the address below, including an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certified Transcripts and Certificates, Postal and Telephone Contacts, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees:
University Secretary, Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office
Kabale University OR 3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Kikungiri Campus Opposite Gapco Petrol Station, Bombo Road,
P.O Box 317, Wandegeya -Kampala.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Applicants shall be subjected to a background checks.
Deadline: 10th January 2022 at 5 p.m.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.