Job Title: IT representative – Jumia Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Jumia Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jumia Uganda Profile
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
The IT representative’s role is to support the use and maintain the stability of Jumia software systems at a country level. This includes being responsible for the compliance of the correct use of our software products, the on and off-boarding of local users who are not covered by the automated role-allocation system, the implementation and training of users for the use of newly developed and existing products and the troubleshooting of any exceptional cases that may arise within the existing software systems all in a timely and accurate fashion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Flag and correct any behaviour or processes that deviate from SOPs and compliance requirements as defined centrally by the operational excellence and internal control teams
- Propose any changes to current SOPs and compliance requirements as seen to be executed but not functioning efficiently on the ground in the respective countries
On/off-boarding of Users on Jumia Software Products (1/9)
- Prepare the documentation and training materials for the on-boarding of new users at Jumia as well as hold training sessions and tests for those same users to ensure the knowledge of the proper use of the respective software products exists
- Prepare the documentation and training materials for all new product developments
- Aid in the checking of new product development requests from department heads to our development team every quarter before development begins to ensure the efficient use of our constrained development resources
- Test all new product developments before they are launched in the countries and ensure that any bugs/flags are highlighted and fixed before implementation
- Lead the implementation of all new product developments, post testing, and once the new development is stable, hand over the responsibility for the same development to the respective local head of department/business owner
- Aid with fixing any systematic or exceptional issues that may arise with the various software products and their use in the respective countries, documenting their existence and resolution using the existing local and central ticketing systems
- Flag any issues that are affecting/blocking local business processes but that can only be changed centrally accurately and quickly
- Minimum a university degree
- IT certification is an added advantage
- Project management, cross-team communication, problem-solving ‘on your feet’
- E-commerce and IT operations experience
- IT operations
- Web development
- Help desk support
What we offer
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders of our future internet service lines
- The opportunity to be part of the team of talented people with the best backgrounds
How To Apply for Jumia Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.