Job Title: Fresher IT Associate – Jumia Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Jumia Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Jumia Uganda Profile
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In-house internal systems and network infrastructure deployment, management and maintenance
- Documentation of deployed solutions
- Responsibility for security policies deployment
- Monitoring solutions’ deployment and analysis on the implemented systems (Icinga, Graylog, Grafana)
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company
- Fulfill other duties that are necessary for company well-being, safety and security
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience as a system administrator in the Linux environment using CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu, Windows Server and related services
- Windows Server and related services (AD, GPO, WSUS) and Centralized AV System
- Computer Science (BSc CS), Network and System Administration (B. Eng.) or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate certification (CCNA)
- Knowledge on DHCP, DNS, Application servers, Internet protocols, Proxy, NGinx, Apache, MySQL
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, Bash, PHP, etc…)
- Knowledge on Jira/Confluence/Bamboo configuration and management
- Knowledge of automation tools and scripts in the area of infrastructure (Ansible)
- Learn new skills with ease
- Good interpersonal skills and taste for teamwork
- Good analytical thinking, organization and planning
- Disaster recovery planning
- Proactive and self-motivated with focus on results and deadlines (ability to work under pressure)
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
What we offer
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders of our future internet service lines
- The opportunity to be part of the team of talented people with the best backgrounds
How To Apply for Jumia Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: 12th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.