Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 12 Counselors – Jon Snow Uganda Jobs 2019
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Report to: Facility in Charge
Location: Different facilities in the 9 Districts of Lango Region
Contract Terms: Temporary
Jon Snow Uganda Jobs 2019: The Counselor will provide comprehensive counselling services to patients in chronic care in the HIV clinic, antenatal care/ Mother-baby care points and Tuberculosis Units.
John Snow, Inc (JSI), a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for various positions for the USAID-Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (USAID-RHITES-N, Lango) Project. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally- driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high- impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations. RHITES-N, Lango is a five-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Doctors with Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide quality and comprehensive counseling services to clients, family members, communities and partners, with focus on HIV and TB services
• Empower clients in chronic care to disclose their HIV status to signifi cant others
• Use index client testing to access HIV testing services among children, sexual partners/networks and family members
• Participate in the process of empowering clients with skills for self-reliance and making appropriate succession plans
• Participate in the mobilization and support of communities to offer HIV education and care
• Provide home-based HIV counseling and testing, and TB screening to household members
• Conduct home visits to clients on ART and TB for adherence support
• Establish and support peer support groups for clients
• Participate in the drawing and implementation of the clinic work plans.
• Perform counselling and other support techniques and procedures as requested and prescribed by the clinicians
• High degree of Integrity, Empathy, Patience, Confidentiality
• Possess the ability to work under mental and physical stress
• Provide information to clients, aimed at reducing their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education.
• Participate in HIV/AIDS awareness at the clinic and sensitizations in the communities
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Key Performance Areas:
• Comprehensive HIV psychosocial services provided
• Comprehensive OVC services delivered
• Clients adhering to ART
• Viral load suppression achieved among clients
• Clients retained in care
• Clients linked to other services
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of a Diploma in Counselling. A relevant bachelor’s degree Social Work, Counselling Psychology, Guidance will be an added advantage
• Short term capacity development courses on HIV counselling is an added advantage
• The applicant should preferably have at least a year’s experience in HIV Counselling.
• A clear and concise understanding of the psychosocial issues relating to health and illness
• Deep knowledge of care planning procedures
• Good communication, team building, innovative skills
How To Apply;
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications by email to [email protected] addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Not later than June 21, 2019