Job Title: 25 Data Clerks – John Snow Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: John Snow, Inc. (JSI) Uganda
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) Profile:
John Snow, Inc. is a public health research and consulting firm in the United States and around the world. Named after the English physician John Snow, JSI, with its nonprofit partner JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., provides technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
In response to this inevitable data demands, the USAID- Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services – North, Lango (RHITES-N, Lango) Project aims to support the districts to ensure that the COVID-19 vaccination data is entered into the DHIS2 in a timely manner and reduce backlogs. This effort will also embrace support towards reporting of indicators that include the ‘Updated COVID-19 Reporting Guidance USAID Global Health Bureau, July 22, 2021.
The COVID-19 vaccination Data clerks will work closely with the district biostatisticians and the HMIS focal person at the HSD to ensure that all the vaccination data is timely entered in the Uganda COVID19 vaccination eRegistry of the Ministry of Health. The project is recruiting competent team of 25 data clerks to be deployed in the 5 project clusters of the Lango sub region for a period of 12 months. The overall objective is to support in strengthening COVID-19 vaccination data entry and reporting in the COVID-19 vaccination eRegistry.
- To ensure daily aggregate data from vaccination sites are reported.
- To ensure individual data entry is timely entered in the COVID-19 vaccination eRegistry.
- To ensure that Adverse event following immunization (AEFIs) are reported; including the vaccine stock levels in each of the supported district.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation and data entry, records maintenance and management, and tracking key data elements from multiple data sources and streams, in support of COVID-19 vaccination program.
- The Data Clerk will work to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of data entry to facilitate easy reporting and data use for planning and action.
- Under the supervision of district biostatistician and cluster lead, the Data Clerk is expected to review and update client data in the eRegistry and resolve data discrepancies and errors.
- Contribute to COVID-19 vaccine data collection, entry, and reporting including other logistics/stock monitoring.
- Contribute to development of reports; ensure reports are complete, accurate, and are submitted on time Provide data and information for routine reporting and presentation at meetings.
- Gather data through phone calls, databases, and other sources and ensure that information is accurately presented to the target audience at all times.
- Comply with data entry and management requirement’s standard operating procedures.
- Communicate data issues to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintaining infection prevention and control measures within the work environment. This includes: Maintaining physical distance, cleansing hands regularly including when entering and exiting new areas, wearing an appropriate face covering/mask unless medically exempt and regularly sanitising work surfaces.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the organization’s obligations.
- The applicant must hold a certificate in Medical Records Management and good experience in data entry in the COVID-19 vaccination eRegistry or equivalent work experience. A related diploma or degree in Data management or any Health-related discipline is an added advantage.
- Experience working with health facilities medical records including COVID-19 vaccination registers, consent forms or immunization tools preferred.
- Skills in reviewing a document with attention to detail and in all aspects of position functions. Skills in MS Office software including Word, Excel, Database and Internet.
- Skills in using the online HMIS databases of the Ministry of Health especially the Uganda COVID-19 vaccination eRegistry.
- Skill in the operation of personal computers, printers, copiers and other office equipment.
- Ability to accurately review an electronic and paper-based medical record with consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and organize.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on difficult or complex tasks and maintain accurate vaccinee records/consent forms.
- Ability to effectively manage time and priorities independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Very good knowledge of COVID-19 eRegistry including Word, Excel, PPT, and other data entry tools or databases required.
- Highly detail orientated, proactive, comfortable working under pressure and with minimal oversight
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and work streams at one time
- Highly motivated; good team player
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks and short deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; good presentation skills.
- Proficient English language skills preferred
How To Apply for the John Snow Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs to the Human Resource/Administration Manager USAID RHITES-N Lango, with the subject – “Applications USAID-RHITES-N LANGO, application for position of DATA CLERK to support COVID 19 data entry”. Application should be submitted in hard copy and must contain only 2 documents within 1 envelope (Application letter and your CV) and hand delivered to the USAID RHITES-N Lango Offices directly in Citadel Towers, 2nd floor of the building with security officer at office entrance.
Deadline: 21st October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.