Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
JOB TITLE: Community Support Workers (3 Job Vacancies In Northern Uganda:)
Duty Station: Amolatar
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration: 36 months.
Job Vacancies In Northern Uganda: Cheshire Services Uganda (CSU) is a locally registered Non-Governmental Organization working for and with Persons with Disabilities, Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children. Cheshire Services Uganda implements projects in five thematic areas of Education, Livelihoods, Health & Rehabilitation, Support for everyday living and campaign and Advocacy.
CSU in partnership with Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD) received Funding from a donor to implement an inclusive education project in Amolatar district. CSU is recruiting qualified individuals to fill the following positions;
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Identify and support enrolment of Children with Disabilities in schools
• Support rehabilitation of CWDs through assessment and referral to rehabilitation providers.
• Distribution of education supplies / enrollment support to CWDs.
• Organize community awareness raising events on disability and education.
• Support training of parents of CWDs on business / income generating activities.
• Form and strengthen Parent Support Groups to aid peer to peer support among parents of supported Children with Disabilities
• Work with the Child Protection Manager to identify and refer cases of child abuse.
• Support the formation of child to child clubs in school and raise awareness on rights of Children with Disabilities including education. .
• Engage in training of teachers and other stakeholders on Inclusive Education approaches.
• Support in the maintenance of the beneficiary data base and files.
• Identify and document the individual education needs of CWDs.
• Map and support parents to access grants and other social protection schemes.
• Track school attendance for Children with Disabilities
• Facilitate access of stakeholders to the Project Inclusive Education Resource Centre.
• Organize counseling, mentoring and career guidance sessions for CWDs.
• Support CWDs to participate in extra-curricular activities.
• Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills among CWDs
• Regularly provide the IE Project Manager with up to date progress report of CWDs.
• And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in the interest of the organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge and skills
A minimum of a Diploma in Community based rehabilitation, Development studies, Community Development, Education, social sciences or any other related field. Successful candidates will be expected to possess a valid Motor Cycle Riding license
• Local language
At least two years work experience in a related field. Community work experience will be an added advantage.
Applications should be addressed to the Chairperson, Cheshire Services Uganda and delivered to the following address no later than 5:00pm on Tuesday 28th March 2017.
Cheshire Services Uganda,
Plot 1833 Kaduyu Road-Kiwatule
P.O BOX 70012, Clock Tower Kampala
Deadline: 28th March 2017
NOTE: CSU is an equal opportunity employer Qualified women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Cheshire Services Uganda has a strict child protection policy and background checks on child protection will be conducted on all shortlisted candidates as part of the interview process. All staff are expected to abide by the organization Child Protection Policy