Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Officer – JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2022
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
About USAID Project:
USAID’s Local Partner Health Services – Kigezi & Lango is a five-year Activity implemented by Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC). The activity is aimed at supporting the continuation of technical assistance for the implementation of a district-based, integrated package of quality HIV/AIDS and TB services to the beneficiary population in the Nine districts in Lango sub-region including Lira, Oyam, Kole, Apac, Kwania, Alebtong, Otuke, Amolatar and Dokolo. The main goal of the activity is to increase the availability, accessibility and utilization of quality, integrated HIV and TB services.
The Knowledge Management and Communications Officer shall work with the regional team to plan, organize and lead the implementation of KM activities within the regional project. S/he will participate in the development of innovative methods of knowledge exchange across the project, dissemination of project activities, best practices, and lessons learned. To develop, implement and identify strategies in communication and knowledge management for the promotion of a positive organizational image for LPHS Kigezi and Lango Project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior project management to determine project knowledge management priorities and provide technical support for all Project knowledge management activities.
- Serve as point of contact and interact independently with project field-based colleagues on the production of knowledge management deliverables and keep senior project management apprised of activity progress.
- Ensure that knowledge management activities are implemented according to established USAID standards; provide TA to other Staff and Partners on those standards; and review/assess performance against standards.
- Synthesize and share lessons learned in effective knowledge management strategies and activities.
- Contribute knowledge management content to new project opportunities.
- Support the synthesis and curation of evidence and experience emerging from the project’s programming and routine data analysis.
- Work closely with science writers, editors, designers, and language translation specialists to produce high-quality, audience-appropriate print and digital knowledge products, including peer-reviewed publications, blog posts, photo essays, technical briefs, reports and fact sheets; conference abstracts and presentations; and training materials and other technical tools.
- Design and coordinate virtual and, where appropriate, in-person learning exchange activities.
- Support the development and execution of communications and dissemination strategies for implemented projects, including liaising with JCRC corporate communications team, USAID’s communications team, and other strategic partners.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans and progress reports in a timely fashion for submission to USAID.
- Ensure timely development and completion of project knowledge management deliverables.
- Provide support on the development of knowledge management deliverables for other bilateral HIV programs at JCRC.
- Stay abreast of relevant health science and evidence-based practices and ensure knowledge products reflect and promote the latest evidence to JCRC staff and Partners.
Minimum Qualifications for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2022
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or other related qualifications is required.
- At least three years of relevant knowledge management experience, including experience with USAID-funded global health projects.
- Understanding of the political, social, cultural, and gender dimensions that impact HIV programming with key populations, adolescent girls and young women, and other priority populations desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities.
- Experience working in PEPFAR or USAID related organization is an added advantage
- Highly proficient writing and verbal communication skills; adept at cross-cultural communication. . Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English. Must be proficient at Microsoft Office and basic graphic designing
How To Apply for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2022
All applications must be addressed to; The Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification
Closing Date: 17th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.