Job Title: 2 Grants Officers – JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2022
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
The Grants Officer will be responsible for assisting the Grants Manager with the management of full grant cycle process, including, compliance, quality assurance, data validation, and reviewing grant budgets, and in Compliance with USAID and JCRC policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Grants Manager to establish and maintain grants management system
- Aid in pre-award activities for Grant/Contract recipients including review of applications, budgets, pre-award questionnaires, supporting documents, etc.
- Reviewing financial reports and grantee expenditures for allowability, using financial software to track expenditures, and managing funds disbursement to grantees.
- Ensure compliance with applicable USAID regulations throughout the grant life cycle.
- Assist in the review of Grantee/Contractor work plans, reports, and other deliverables to ensure that they meet Grant/Contract award requirements and work with Grantees/Contractors to improve reporting and performance as needed.
- Assist in identifying issues in grants scopes of work and/or budgets necessitating award modifications throughout the life of the grant/contract awards, and draft necessary modifications, justifications, and other supporting materials. Maintain up to date file management system, ensure all the required documentation is saved physically and electronically.
- Participate in visits to sites, and the Grantee’s/Contractor’s premises and facilities to monitor progress, performance, and compliance with award terms.
- Develop and utilize other mechanisms and controls to monitor grantee/contractor performance and verify service completion and quality such as conducting spot checks and verifications in person and via phone/email.
- Conduct analysis of grantee/contractor performance and service data and records to inform Grants Director and the program for possible revisions in future grant/contract cycles.
- Conduct detailed monitoring and analysis of grantee/contractor performance and update the Grants Director of progress, challenges, and any proposed changes in implementation or monitoring plans.
- Cultivate an excellent and collegial relationship with Grantees/Contractors, local governments, MOH, and other USG Implementing Partner staff.
- Compile data and inputs for quarterly performance reports, assist in monitoring indicators, and assist with the development of ad hoc reports.
- Ensure project funds are used strictly in accordance with JCRC, and USG/USAID rules, regulations, and policies.
- Support project start up and closeout activities.
- Prepare draft grant modifications as needed;
- Assist the Grants Director with maintenance of the Grants Management Database and ensure it is updated;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelors-level education/training or equivalent experience in Finance and Business Management or related technical fields.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working on USG funded projects, PEPFAR funding and reporting, and/or public health programs highly desirable.
- Experience with US Government-funded projects and acquisition and assistance rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of granting procedures, from grant start-up, award management, to close out.
- Experience developing contracts and managing an acquisition process to completion.
- Computer literacy required (especially Excel, MSWord and Windows).
How To Apply for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2022
All applications must be addressed to; The Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages). Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification
Closing Date: 27th May 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.