Job Title: Supply Chain Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
IRC Uganda Jobs: The Supply Chain Volunteer will Report to Supply Chain Manager. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Kampala stores, Transport and Assets. The Supply Chain Volunteer-Transport/Stores/Assets must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security/ safety of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records. The Supply Chain Volunteer; Transport/Stores/Assets shall dedicate appropriate time to all the three distinct roles.
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Understand, implement and/or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the store(s).
- Advise supervisor on potential inventory shortage.
- Manage casual laborers in the stores.
- Ensure the maintenance of store(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Supply Chain Manager of store-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the stores activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for assets and the expendables Warehouse outlining all stock movements remaining balances, maintain prologs and registers.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register.
- Update the stock record cards and Database regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain asset and store records; ensure regular updates including details of the Asset, transferred, asset repaired, Asset breakdowns etc.
- Ensure that all Asset are tagged and labeled as per IRC asset policy.
- Ensure that there is proper record management of the store and the records are accurate and update.
- Correctly manage and account for all incoming and outgoing stock by using well maintained and detailed documentation.
- Store management, ensure cleanness, orderly storage of items, custodian of the stores keys.
- The different store and Asset policies and required documentation are followed and in place at all times.
- Correctly manage and account for all incoming and outgoing stock by using well maintained and detailed documentation, good received note, store release, way bills, bin cards etc.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- Evaluate, manage and monitor hired drivers.
- Focal point for all purchases in Transport department. Raising PRs for vehicles spare parts and vehicle repairs.
- Manage the vehicle pool (if applicable).
- Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of IRC vehicles and generators.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining daily checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles log books are accurately filled
- Carry out regular training to all drivers on basic vehicle mechanic skills, daily vehicle inspection, drills on safety driving, defensive driving, use of Codan, etc.
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis.
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on transport department and discuss with Supply Chain Manager
- Requesting fuel forms for refueling and keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles are secure when not in use.
- Be familiar with local regulations / laws.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree or Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of generic store management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent in computer use and maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
Please note: This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis