Job Title: Volunteer Events Planner PlayMatters – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Advisor – Policy & Advocacy
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Reporting to the Regional Advisor – Policy & Advocacy – PlayMatters Uganda and working closely with the Senior Project Coordinator – IRC Uganda. The Volunteer Events planner will be responsible for leading the and planning the administrative, organization, and logistical arrangements of the event. The person will work through a committee that has been set up to plan the event.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Administration and Organization:
- Develop a simple term of reference/scope of work for the planning committee.
- Convene and chair coordination meetings for the committee to plan the event.
- Ensure that all committee members are at all times informed in advance of the planning meetings and participate in the meetings these include all play matters partners representatives and co-opted Ministry of Education officials as an when required.
- Coordinate with the different committee members to develop/prepare documentation and content for the conference such as invitation letters, discussion papers, site location profile, name tags, communications materials.
- Ensure that all speakers and presenters at the conference have their presentations prepared and shared with them on time.
- Ensure that the itinerary, agenda and supporting documents for the conference are developed and distributed to all delegates of the conference on time.
- Coordinate with the Field teams to ensure that colleagues in the field and the locations to be visited are prepared and plan adequately to receive the guest.
- Ensure that agendas for field-based activities are developed in advance and shared with all participants on time.
- Write and coordinate correspondences with different offices including IRC, consortia partners and Ministry of Education & sports.
- Coordinate with the committee to select the venue for the event, ensure that it meets security and conference standards for the type of conference planned.
- Contracts, LPOs are issued on time.
- All resources financial, material and human required for the conference are sort in time and are in place. This will include working closely with IRC and other partners to arrange transport to and from the field visits.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Volunteer Events Planner PlayMatters job must hold a Degree or Diploma in Business administration, Communications, Administration and Logistics
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good oral and written English skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 21st April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.