Job Title: Finance Volunteer (PlayMatters) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At-work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. IRC reaches over a million children annually with education and child protection programs in 25 countries around the world.
PlayMatters reimagines childhood for refugees. It will bring play-based learning to 800,000 children across Ethiopia, Uganda, and Tanzania. It will redefine education and cultivate a generation of lifelong builders. PlayMatters is inspired by LEGO Foundation’s call to challenge the status quo, to offer children the quality education they dream of. Children are not gaining the skills they need, teachers are under-supported, and parents are overwhelmed. The systems built to serve them are failing them. PlayMatters proudly offers something different. It is being delivered by a coalition with a track record of thinking and delivering differently. We bring three distinct characteristics:
- Outcomes: Everything we do is fueled by the social, emotional, cognitive, physical, creative and resilience outcomes we seek. We know learning happens when children are at the center and teachers, parents and the system surrounding them embrace children’s agency and have not only skills and resources, but the motivation to drive change.
- Research and learning: Effective delivery requires both rigor and a big heart. With LEGO Foundation, PlayMatters will generate scientific evidence that can transform our understanding of play and learning for refugees in East Africa and around the world.
- Thought Leadership: The LEGO Foundation Humanitarian Initiative offers an opportunity to deliver and comes with the responsibility to lead. Our consortium’s members have a record of mobilizing others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
PlayMatters will provide a volunteer opportunity to a young professional to support the Finance department, to learn and gain skills in finance, budgeting, and accounting in a consortium environment. The Finance Volunteer will cover a period of 5 months from April to August 2022, a critical period when the re-purposing of the project is to be done amidst the usual activities of Partner monitoring, report writing and Annual budgeting. Specifically, the responsibilities of the position holder will include:
- Support in the process of inputting data into financial management system for all regional payments.
- Compiling all payment requests and ensure that all support documents are attached before submitting them for review.
- Supporting the finance manager in the Bank transactions.
- Coordinating all the travel request forms and ensuring that when staff return, all accountability forms are received and made ready for entering in the integra system.
- Supporting the Finance team during the finance and compliance monitoring exercise by participating in the review of documents and taking minutes during the entry and exit meetings.
- Support Regional Project Team Finance team during the Budgeting exercise.
- Offer support during bank reconciliation process with IRC Uganda Finance team.
- Support the Finance team to take minutes during the finance meetings and any review meetings.
- Support in document identification during the Audit exercises.
- Support in following up on all payments with IRC Uganda and ensure that lead times are documented for feedback and review.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration with a bias in accounting.
- Good Knowledge of financial accounting packages.
- Knowledge of any ERP system is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Ability to implement financial procedures and controls.
- High levels of integrity and commitment.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.