Job Title: Justice and Peace Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kiryandongo and Zombo.
The IRC is implementing an EU funded project titled “Strengthening Integrated Systems to accelerate access to Gender, Child and Youth Justice” with the goal of promoting peaceful and safe coexistence under the rule of Law in Yumbe and Lamwo districts. funding from the European Union.
IRC is currently looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, self-motivated, and resilient person to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission
The Justice and Peace Officer will be responsible for implementing the project on “strengthening integrated Systems to accelerate access to Gender, Child and Youth Justice” and conduct activities such as legal information sessions, assessments, detention facility visits and protection monitoring activities.
The Justice and Peace Officer Reports to the Senior Justice and Peace Officer and will be Based within the refugee community in Bidibidi, Yumbe.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out the day-to-day implementation of the project activities ensuring that the project activities reflect donor commitments.
- Provide legal aid to the Persons of Concern and ensure that legal aid and peacebuilding data is consistently collected, analyzed and aggregated for advocacy purposes.
- Conduct Legal case management and follow up on legal cases with relevant authorities.
- Strengthen the capacities of the community-based paralegals through regular mentorship sessions.
- Submit regular data and submit weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure all interventions are fully aligned to national frameworks and systems as well as well as broader policy developments relevant to legal aid.
- Contribute and participate in the monthly zonal coordination meetings.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with JLOS actors, OPM, Local Government authorities, UN agencies, I/NGO’s, CSOs, refugee leadership and community-based paralegals.
- Maintain close collaboration with other IRC sectors such as Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE) and Health
- Report on agreed assignment on time.
- Keep a weekly record of assignment undertaken.
- Any other reasonable activities determined by the Supervisor that is commensurate with the needs of the programme.
- Abide by IRC policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of integrity and ethics and uphold the image of IRC.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized University
- At least two years of relevant experience in access to justice and peace building.
- Strong understanding of International Human Rights and Refugee Law.
- Experience in working and coordinating with UN donors, INGO’s and other stakeholders.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Report Writing Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Strong self-drive skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Resilience and ability to work in a hard to reach area
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: May 31st 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.