Job Title: IPC Budget Tracking/M&E Volunteer (Health Unit) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Health Unit M&E Coordinator
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 US cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC’s vision is that the impact of our programs and the influence of our ideas empowers those caught in crisis to make lasting change in their lives.
To support achievement of this vision, the IRC’s Technical Excellence (TE) unit provides technical assistance to IRC’s international program staff working to improve education, economic wellbeing, health, power, and safety outcomes for our clients. The Health Technical Unit (HTU) provides technical support to over 30 countries in 6 regions to deliver healthcare services in humanitarian settings around the world, including conflict-affected countries and refugee settings.
The Health Unit and IRC country programs conduct a variety of monitoring and evaluation activities including studies, surveys, design and implementation frameworks and M&E strategies, technical support to country programs, capturing lessons learned from programs and contribute to organization wide measurement activities. The Volunteer will conduct an analysis of Country Program grants and funding being allocated to IPC. This will include working with the IRC Health Unit and to understand IPC requirements, budget allocations, and develop a short report and presentation on the extent of IPC funding across IRC Health country programs, Support to clean IPC assessment data from various countries and document case studies from high performing IPC countries for learning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Conduct IPC budget tracking for IRC’s Health Unit:
- Gain understanding on the dynamics of Infection prevention and Control and how to use the IRC grant budget tracker;
- Contribute to developing criteria to identifying project grants that qualify or not with IPC budgeting;
- Develop a database for tracking IPC investment and proposed grants for Country programs;
- Work through the IRC’s Budget Verses Actual system to track actual IPC spending per country, per item and per activity;
- And write biweekly report on progress, overall report on findings and PowerPoint presentation on results demonstrating funding allocation to IPC by country IPC category/framework.
IPC data and documentation of case studies:
- Support to document case studies from high performing countries implementing IPC to enhance learning among countries;
- Conduct IPC data cleaning for various countries and generate recommendations for the data quality gaps identified per country.
By the end of the period, the volunteer will have:
- Improved understanding of Infection Prevention and control (IPC) in primary healthcare in low resource/humanitarian settings.
- Improved knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of IPC in low resource settings.
- Enhanced professional communication skills and ability to solicit inputs and critical feedback from stakeholders working in different locations and contexts.
- Gain experience in documentation of case studies, report writing, action planning and dissemination.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Graduate degree in public health, statistics, health policy or relevant topic
- Good understanding and proven experience in budgeting, grants, and budget analysis.
- Good understanding and proven experience in health research methods, data analysis and quality control.
- Ability to work and excellent communication skills in English essential (ability to work in French, Spanish and/or Arabic desirable).
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 27th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.