Job Title: Information, Monitoring & Reporting Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC Uganda is currently looking for an Information, Monitoring and Reporting Officer to carry out activities under the EU-funded program “Strengthening Integrated Systems to Accelerate Access to Gender, Child and Youth Justice” with the goal of promoting peaceful and safe co-existence under the rule of law in Yumbe and Lamwo districts. The Information, Monitoring and Reporting Officer will be responsible for all information and M&E related program actions, providing technical M&E leadership for the program with specific attention to data quality and use. S/he will assess the current M&E systems and the current capacity of staff related to M&E, and based on this address the identified needs through capacity building and technical support on data collection methods, data analysis, data quality assurance and result‐based management. S/he will also ensure that quality data collected is entered into a data platform; data analysis is completed by project teams and will play a key role in the process of reporting on the impact of the IRC program to relevant stakeholders. S/he compiles monthly data reports, assists in the narrative components, and prepares quality presentations for the review meetings while providing data trends to inform program decisions. S/he works with M&E and PRoL Managers in writing donor reports and other reports required by the organization. S/he will conduct frequent visits to the field in Yumbe and Lamwo and assess the quality of the program, M&E work, ensure understanding and compliance with M&E procedures and provide guidance and coaching to staff.
The Information, Monitoring and Reporting Officer reports to the Regional Justice and Peace Manager and is based in Yumbe.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the program team to develop a detailed M&E plan for the program based on the project log frame to track progress against agreed indicators.
- Track the M & E plan and frequently provide the program with trend analysis of tracked indicators while identifying the outliers.
- Mentor and coach team on data collection, reporting and data cleaning to inform organizational and donor reports.
- Supports program sites and program staff to frequently use data for program improvement.
- Support the program sites to engage in continuous data quality improvement.
- Participate in quality of care/intervention monitoring together with the District and IRC project staff while ensuring availability of data for assessing program quality.
- Provide accurate information that informs the program review meetings.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date database for the protection and rule of law.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of program activities.
- Support the operation of feedback channels (logbook, client satisfaction and engagement surveys).
- Support the recording of feedback, analysis and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision making.
- Overview preparation of consolidated reports including concise narratives that capture progress against indicators and provide both management and donors with accurate and user‐friendly information.
- Manage electronic tools to prevent disorganization (Keep server data confidential).
- Support the M&E Manager to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide to the supervisor, technical coordinators, program staff and districts with monthly reports on indicator trends.
- Liaise with any existing district/partner M&E teams while ensuring that accurate and timely data on the program is fed into the district information management systems and program reports.
- Provide regular feedback to the MEL Manager/protection and rule of law Managers on project implementation.
- Provide the program staffs with monthly reports on performance against indicators and trends.
- Assist in preparation of donor program reports.
- Perform any other duty as requested by the Regional Justice and Peace Manager.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Information, Monitoring & Reporting Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demography, Economics, M&E or related field;
- Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics is an advantage;
- Postgraduate studies in M&E is an advantage;
- Two years of experience in a similar role either in a humanitarian or development context with proven success in implementing M&E systems from project start-up to close‐out stages.
- Experience in data quality assessment and oversight;
- Experience in data analysis, trend analysis and interpretation;
- Experience in data visualization is an advantage;
- Experience in monitoring and reporting;
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies;.
- Previous experience with an NGO in a similar program;
- Strong facilitation skills, and strong understanding of how to safely and accurately collect feedback from all members of a community regardless of their age, gender, or other diversity factors;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent analysis and writing skills;
- Excellent analytical, writing skills and fluency in English;
- Excellent analytical, writing skills and fluency in English;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, internet, power point, etc
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 18th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.