IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Finance Officer (Short-term)
August 11, 2022
Job Title: Finance Officer (Short-term) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Under the direction of the Deputy Director Finance, the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up.
- Lead on Uganda Country Program month end process for finance.
- Supervise the payable function and ensure payments are made according to acceptable standards.
- Ensure integrity of financial data to be used for decision making by management.
- Support the Deputy Director Finance to prepare management accounts to be presented to SMT for decision making.
- Review all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Review spreadsheets and Journals completed by field staff before they are uploaded in Integra.
- Give feedback to Field Finance offices regarding their monthly templates and reports.
- Oversee the entrance of financial data daily in Integra.
- Support the Deputy Director Finance to perform weekly reviews of the financial data in Integra entered by field finance teams and suggest any correction if any.
- Follow up with the field teams and ensure that field reports are done accurately.
- Do initial reviews of the payments (mobile money and bank) and sign off before the approvers can make payments.
- Review bank reconciliation monthly from main office and all field sites.
- Forward to the Payroll Administrator every month, outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7, for recovery.
- Support the Deputy Director Finance to Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a timely basis
- Ensure timely preparation of month end reports and submission.
- Serve as a technical resource person for the accounting department. Assist on matters relating to payroll processing and be the finance focal person on payroll issues.
- Supervise all activities done daily in the Accounts department.
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Be receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from the Country Director and Deputy Director Finance
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Deputy Director Finance
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA, ACCA equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience in an International Humanitarian Organization.
- Computer literate with significant skills in excel, accounting package knowledge and ERP system will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: August 23rd 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.