Job Title: Finance Assistant (PlayMatters) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: PlayMatters Regional Finance Manager
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
PlayMatters reimagines childhood for refugees. It will bring play-based learning to 800,000 children across Ethiopia, Uganda, and Tanzania. It will redefine education and cultivate a generation of lifelong builders. PlayMatters is inspired by LEGO Foundation’s call to challenge the status quo, to offer children the quality education they dream of. Children are not gaining the skills they need, teachers are under-supported, and parents are overwhelmed. The systems built to serve them are failing them. PlayMatters proudly offers something different. It is being delivered by a coalition with a track record of thinking and delivering differently.
Outcomes: Everything we do is fueled by the social, emotional, cognitive, physical, creative and resilience outcomes we seek. We know learning happens when children are at the center and teachers, parents and the system surrounding them embrace children’s agency and have not only skills and resources, but the motivation to drive change.
Research And Learning: Effective delivery requires both rigor and a big heart. With LEGO Foundation, PlayMatters will generate scientific evidence that can transform our understanding of play and learning for refugees in East Africa and around the world.
Thought Leadership: The LEGO Foundation Humanitarian Initiative offers an opportunity to deliver and comes with the responsibility to lead. Our consortium’s members have a record mobilizing other.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare payment vouchers for all region office payments for both regional office and partner payments.
- Process all cash and bank payments and receipts as par approval received in integra system.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers to ensure timely payment to suppliers, beneficiaries, and staff.
- Prepare partner transfer requests and submit to supervisor for review before processing their requests.
- Ensure payments are promptly paid according to IRC policies and be the focal person for finance payments.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations to be reviewed by Finance Manager.
- Maintain a proper back up of documentation at the office by ensuring all transaction vouchers are properly filed and stamped paid.
- Monitor staff advances and ensure they are reconciled on time as per policy.
- Ensure safe custody of cheques/cash in line with IRC policy.
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash and bank transactions.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to submit monthly cash projections for the office.
- Assist in budget preparation, and consolidation for the PLAYMATTERS consortium.
- Assist in review of partner financial reports as instructed by supervisor.
- Prepare recode journals for wrong transactions, amortization journals for fuel, rent etc and post in integra as instructed by supervisor.
- Capturing expenses in the ERP.
- Assist in partner finance monitoring process, compilation of monitoring reports as instructed by supervisor.
- Any other roles that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Systems Compliance and Improvement
- IRC-Uganda specific finance, logistics, IT, security, communications and human resource/administration policies and procedures.
- Any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director and OC.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance, Bachelor of Commerce, or related field.
- Demonstrated accounting experience preferably in an international NGO, and hands-on experience working with at least one finance and accounting system.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, ERP).
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with programme staff.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: August 14th 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.