Job Title: Finance Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
The Finance Assistant will be a key member of the Kiryandongo team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives. Under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Review transaction voucher forms for approval.
- Preparation of prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit.
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers.
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approval received.
- Pay cash to the payee in the Kiryandongo Office.
- Prepare cheques for approval and payment to the payee.
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers.
- Act as a cashier
- Make field payments.
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions.
- Ensure control and use of office stationary.
- Work closely with Administration to raise hotel bookings for visitors to the field.
- Assist the Admin officer to maintain timesheets for all staff.
- Develop and maintain efficient filling system for the field office.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Finance Assistant job must hold a Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance or a Diploma with five years of experience.
- One year of working in the finance function.
- Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite).
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Snack for detail.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel,)
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with programme staff.
- Good supervisory skills, time management and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 31st March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.