Job Title: Data Clerk – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer and the M&E Assistant, the Data Clerk will be based in IRC Field Office in Imvepi. The Data Clerk will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the IRC M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes supporting both HEHS. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The Data Clerk will support the M&E officer and Assistant in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with other health workers to update all appropriate registers and databases.
- Ensure proper storage/ﬁlling of reports/forms in designated places.
- Tracks file/form movements between care centers.
- Cross checks entered data to ensure data quality and completeness.
- Runs consistency quality checks and makes edits as appropriate.
- Update indicator performance tracking tables in coordination with M&E officers.
- Requisitions for registers/ tools and ensuring that they are in constant supply and proper use.
- Supports the implementation of IRC’s standards including the Monitoring for action standards in field sites.
- Perform analysis and compile data for reporting and use at field sites for decision making.
- Conduct regular data reviews with health workers and provide mentorship in data quality assurance and use.
- Participate in surveys and assessments when as needed and support with data management functions.
- Support consolidation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Reports any errors and malfunctions in data and computer.
- Makes routine backups and updates on the M&E box files at scheduled intervals.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Data Clerk job must hold a Diploma in Statistics, demography, Economics, or related field. Computer literate in MS Office.
- Applications and Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- At least one year of working experience in a related field.
- Previous work with an NGO in similar programs.
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- Good communication skills.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Flexibility and prepared to work additional hours
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to respond rapidly to changing environments yet remain productive and focused.
- Strong and fast computer skills (Primarily Word, Excel, and Power Point and Outlook).
- Familiar with digital data collection and analysis packages (KOBO Toolbox, ODK Collect, MS Excel, SPSS, Commcare)
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug