Job Title: Supply Chain Officer (Warehouse) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: IRC Uganda
Job Location: Lamwo
Reporting to Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Officer-Warehouse is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all warehousing and inventory management functions for IRC’s office in Lamwo. The position will also be responsible for the standardization of policies and good warehousing practices across all the Lamwo field sites and will require regular travel to different locations to provide technical support to the warehouse teams managing inventory across the field location.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Train warehouse staff as required.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise the Supply Chain Manager of potential inventory shortages.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Supply Chain Manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
Goods Reception & Transport
- Assist in receiving all supplies.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
- Responsible for arranging and overseeing the air transportation of goods in accordance with IRC procedures.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program.
- Prioritize air road transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
Warehousing & Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit monthly report to Supply Chain Manager in timely manner.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in a warehouse supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of computer especially spreadsheets
- Competency in data analysis and reporting.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees online
Apply Here Now:
Deadline: 4th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.