Job Title: Economic Recovery and Development Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), refugees and various institutions in the country, notably the government, community-based organizations (CBOs), civil society organizations (CBOs) and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health and nutrition, support to persons with specific needs (PSNs) including case management, legal assistance to refugees, prevention and response to gender-based violence, and economic recovery and development (ERD). The IRC has a country office in Kampala and field offices in Imvepi, Kyaka II, Lamwo, Moroto, Kiryandongo and Yumbe, as well as an urban office in Nsambya within Kampala.
The ERD Officer will work closely with Economic Recovery and Development sector staff and with other sectors directly under the guidance of the Senior ERD Officer in overseeing the daily implementation and management of livelihood activities of clients in Entebbe while ensuring technical soundness and coherence with the ERD Strategy, donor regulations and government priorities. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day running of livelihood related activities including but not limited to trainings, job placement and apprenticeship of the clients as well as liaising with the private sector.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Senior ERD Officer, the ERD Officer will;
- Lead the implementation of appropriate and sustainable livelihood interventions for the targeted beneficiaries, ensuring all activities are implemented according to agreed guidelines/minimum standards and incorporate technical advice from both the supervisor and the technical teams.
- Assist and facilitate clients who wish to refine their knowledge and skills to engage in trainings and vocational training interventions.
- Develop, manage, and keep track of relevant program activity work plans and training implementation schedules to ensure timely delivery of service.
- Supervise the Livelihood training center to ensure that all the related administrative functions runs smoothly
- Work closely with the M&E Officer to analyze data and prepare analytical reports required.
- Regularly monitor the Budget Vs Actual (BvA) and ensure compliance with commitments to the project donor’s set conditions and standards.
- Continuously evaluate the program implementation and make timely recommendations for improvements to the supervisor. Participate in monthly program review and planning meeting; and external meetings as often as requested by the supervisor.
- Ensure that program activities are implemented according to agreed standards and incorporate technical advice from the supervisor.
- Compile and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports to the supervisor.
- Work with the supervisor to plan all program activities and ensure that all related anticipated expenses are accounted for within the budget; and captured in monthly cash flow projections for the Business & Enterprise Development component of the project.
- Review the associated program budget verses actual report monthly and immediately raise any concerns to the supervisor.
- Ensure that all expenses and payments are done in accordance with IRC Finance Policy.
- Execute any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- A university degree or an equivalent in economics, entrepreneurship, business administration, development studies or any other relevant field that provide an understanding of livelihoods.
- At least two years’ experience implementing, livelihoods, income generation, and business projects with a reputable organization, institution or company.
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation; working knowledge of Protection and Human Rights programming will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with refugees and vulnerable communities in an urban setting will be an added advantage.
- Proficient computer knowledge with significant experience in Ms Word, Ms Excel and other Ms Office applications.
- Experience working in settings with conflict-affected populations.
- Experience in working closely with local governments in implementation of projects; and in networking with other organizations implementing similar projects.
- Knowledge of dynamics and challenges of working with diverse communities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks while driving results
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.