Job Title: Environmental Health Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting refugees and vulnerable host communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Amudat, Imvepi, Isingiro, Kitgum, Kyegegwa, Lamwo, Moroto and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming. Since May 2020, IRC Uganda has been implementing an ECHO-funded, IRC-led emergency Preparedness and Response project and this was incorporated with the COVID 19 pandemic preparedness and now response programming in Yumbe, Lamwo, Terego and Madi districts, as part of a consortium with Medical Teams International (MTI).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take full responsibility for ensuring that all hygiene promotion and IPC activities meet stated objectives within the timeframe.
- Implement rapid IPC infrastructural and operational analysis of designated health facilities in line with IRCs Standard Operating Procedures for Health facilities,
- Propose and support implementation of necessary adaptations leading to compliance in line with the national standards.
- Build capacity of front-line health care workers jointly with the IPC mentor in IPC and WASH through scheduled mentorships.
- Strengthen overall IPC competencies at health facilities through training of practitioners and support staff in IPC and Health Care Waste Management and assessing isolation units’ readiness.
- In consultation with the Community Health Officers, IPC mentor and Protection teams, develop timely messages on EH/IPC to be disseminated to the community.
- Work closely with the Community Health Officer, IPC Mentor and Protection teams to ensure IPC messages are provided to the community.
- Lead on EH/IPC COVID-19 IPC materials and supply procurement plan.
- Contribute to revision of SOPs, guidelines, and standards on IPC for COVID-19 response.
- Ensure all program health facilities in the Triage and Isolation facilities meet standards; making recommendations on upgrading facilities and procedures as needed
- Submission of weekly activity plans and end of week update reports.
- Take the lead on ensuring that monitoring and data collection of all IPC and hygiene promotion indicators are in line with the approved monitoring framework, using all the correct monitoring tools and at the frequency prescribed.
- Lead on and participate in monitoring data analysis and trends in the field site.
- The ideal candidate will have an Environmental Health background and experience in Implementing water and sanitation and hygiene (WASH) for health facilities such as cholera treatment centers and disease-specific treatment units. “Highly desired criteria” include previous work in Triages and isolation facilities, and knowledge of infection control and prevention.
- Minimum university degree in Public Health, Environmental Health Sciences, Health Sciences, or another related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in working in healthcare setting, field epidemiology or emergency management.
- Desirable: expertise in infection prevention and control, within healthcare settings or in the context of outbreaks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of IPC and/or Healthcare Waste Management
- Ability to report on the rapid IPC infrastructural and operational analysis of isolation and treatment units of designated facilities. This should include HCWM infrastructure, supplies needs, capacity/no. of beds, staffing needs for HCWM, coordination, diversion of non-essential staff, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Preparation of regular reports documenting all activities including gaps and recommendations.
- Ability to live and work in stressful environment.
- Excellent initiator and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Able to work under pressure and good at timely decision making.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel as well as online platforms such as zoom, teams, etc.
- Excellent professional approach and strong team building skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
All candidates should submit their applications and resumes online via the link below:
Deadline: 19th January,2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.