Job Title: Clinical Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting refugees and vulnerable host communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Amudat, Imvepi, Isingiro, Kitgum, Kyegegwa, Lamwo, Moroto and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming. Since May 2020, IRC Uganda has been implementing an ECHO-funded, IRC-led emergency Preparedness and Response project and this was incorporated with the COVID 19 pandemic preparedness and now response programming in Yumbe, Lamwo, Terego and Madi districts, as part of a consortium with Medical Teams International (MTI).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall leadership and management of the health facility, including managing all the human resources at the health facility;
- Ensure staff adherence to professional and service codes of conduct and ethics; and promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organisation.
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of the primary health care activities, the Uganda Minimum Health Care Package, at the health facility level;
- Ensuring that medicines, medical equipment, medical supplies, non-medical supplies, and all other resources allocated to the health facility are put to the intended use and are accounted for;
- Ensure that the health facility infrastructure and equipment are well maintained and functional;
- Support the formation & functionality of necessary committees such as the Health Unit Management Committee.
- Maintain the asset register of the health facility.
- Supervising the clinical services at the health facility, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients;
- In collaboration with the medical officer, provide technical guidance and supervision of lower cadre health staff
- Co-ordinate the provision of continuous professional development of the staff
- Ensure the functionality of health management information system so as to produce quality weekly, monthly reports that are submitted timely.
- A Medical background is a requirement i.e. Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Bachelor degree Public Health/ Health Management or equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least three years working experience in Primary Health Care settings:
- Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating health activities;
- Experience in Information management
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
All candidates should submit their applications and resumes online via the link below:
Deadline: 18th January,2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.