Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda.
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
The Supply Chain Assistant holds the primary responsibility of carrying out various supply chain monitoring and coordination functions including warehousing, asset management, procurement, logistics/ transport and maintenance reporting any incidents that may arise immediately to the Field Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Field Manager and Program Managers to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Advise the Program Coordinators, and field manager on vehicle requirements and issues.
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle-related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- Evaluate, manage and monitor drivers.
- Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained in efficient manner. Schedule timely and regular preventive maintenance of all vehicles and Generators.
- Ensure that regular meeting is taking place with the drivers, and reports any concerns to the Program Coordinator.
- Compile the drivers’ duty roster and work schedule·
- Coordinate with admin to ensure mail is distributed by drivers to the correct recipients.
- Ensure that all drivers are in possession of driver’s valid licenses and that all vehicles are insured.
Inventory Management (Warehousing and Asset)
- Advise the Program Coordinators, and field manager on the potential inventory shortages, warehouse specific issues or improvements.
- Implement and ensure clear loading/offloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Organize shipment of the program materials to the Program site.
- Maintain proper tracking of all IRC Assets
- Manage stock equipping records including asset issue form, asset register and tags
Systems Compliance and Improvement: –
- IRC-Uganda specific finance, logistics, IT, security, communications and human resource/administration policies and procedures.
- Any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director and OC
Policy compliance – IRC way policies
- Ensure any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct are reported to the CD. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Degree in Procurement, Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related Program
- Fluent English (written and spoken) and Arabic
- Prior experience of working as a Supply chain Officer position in a multi-cultural environment
- Good communication and staff management skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets; Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Start To Apply Here
Deadline: not later than 23rd July 2020.