Job Title: Medical Logistics Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sector: Supply Chain
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Reporting to Transport Manager, the Medical Logistics Assistant is responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Kampala stored and any rented pharma warehouse. Medical Logistics Assistant must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand, implement and/or maintain standard IRC pharmaceutical inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of medical items through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading/unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Transport Manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Ensure proper storage and distribution of medicines and proper supplies as per distribution plan.
- Ensure reconciliation of orders placed, orders received and items distributed to the field sites, share procurement documents with field team for items purchased centrally.
- Ensure proper documentation of waybills, store releases and other documentation.
- Receive and verify medicines and medical supplies with/ under technical guidance of Pharmacist.
- Provide regular updates on medically related procurements.
- Provide training to program, finance and Operations on the storage and release of warehouse items including pharma and non-Pharma.
- Create a report on availability of storage space for procured or ordered items and advice requestors on duration of storage.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Maintain full and accurate inventory records.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
- Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of Warehouse staff, providing appropriate feedback.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management with experience in lieu.
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience performing similar duties.
- Certifications in Humanitarian Medical Logistics Practices (MedLog) will be added advantage
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of generic medical warehouse management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter)
- Excellent written and verbal communication or interpersonal skills is a must.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- High level of integrity.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications online by using the link below:
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: June 24th 2020.