Job Title: IT Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Refugee Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives.
This position will be primarily responsible with assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in IRC Yumbe office. The IT Officer will offer 1st and selected 2nd level support to the Country Program IT team and work closely with the Field Coordinator and IT Manager and on request with the Operations Coordinator and Regional IT Director and all program sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning and support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
- Work with end-users or IT Manager (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 issues in IRC Yumbe offices.
- Resolve or escalate Level 2 and Level 3 issues on request to appropriate internal or external resource (IT Manager, IHUB) as necessary.
- Liaise with various in country Internet Service Providers (ISP) for the purpose of improving the system and resolving any breakdown in internet services.
- Ensure that antivirus programs on each machine are updated regularly.
- Work with Help desk to create email addresses, update mailing lists, and keep proper tracking of email addresses.
Installation & Configuration and maintenance:
- Offer systems administrative support to the Servers, Windows server 2016 operating system, Domain and essential network services.
- Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals, using IRC standard Windows 7/10 operating system image.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
- Provide monitoring reports with information on condition of network and ISPs to the IT Manager to assist with timely upgrades and necessary changes
- Ensure SUN 4.4.2 and QA BI is properly installed and functional on all Finance departmental computers in the office.
Maintenance, Repair & Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all IRC computers and network resources.
- Ensure that server backup is done on regular basis and that staff are reminded to do back up before their computers are sent out for repairs. Ensure data security backups and protection of the LAN against data corruption.
- Work with the IT Manager to update and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, Network and Server system access, email creation systems, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Closely collaborate with International and HQ IT team on help desk, connectivity and other in country and global IRC IT projects.
- Provide technical input and support to the Yumbe office Local Area Network. Ensure proper record keeping of breakdowns, problems and maintenance carried out.
- Any other IT related tasks assigned by the IT Manager or Regional IT team to accomplish the overall organizational goals.
Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Provide regular user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users which include training IRC staff and guests on the safe handling and general operation of computers and accessories and ensure that all IRC staff are in compliance with IT policies and procedures
- Research and suggest new technology as required by Regional and HQ IT.
- Prepare and submit regular weekly, monthly and trip reports that provide sufficient detail for HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
IT Asset Management
- Keep an up-to-date ICT asset register by performing monthly asset verification’s for all IT assets in the Yumbe offices including Software & licenses (Box, WebEx and Cyberoam FWs, Merakis).
- Create and maintain IRC computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
Policies & Protocols:
- Implement available plans for repair of dysfunctional laptops, desktop computers, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Implement appropriate protocols for regular maintenance of all IRC computer related equipment.
- Implement local IT Policy for IRC Uganda in coordination with IT Manager, Operations Coordinator and Regional IT support team.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience.
- CCNA course desired MCSE or equivalent experience is a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience in IT profession
- Experience installing, configuring and managing both wired and wireless LAN, and firewalls.
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Outlook experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Customer/Client service experience
- Able to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds from floor to a standard desktop.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – ICT Officer:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.
Deadline of this Job: 10th June 2020