Job Title: Build Quantitative Household Survey Enumerators – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duration: The data collection exercise will take 9 day
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) founded in 1933, was registered in Uganda in 1998, and currently operates across Uganda. It initially started serving internally displaced people (IDPs) in Lira and Kitgum districts and populations affected by conflict in Karamoja sub-region but, has expanded to serve refugees and vulnerable host communities in West Nile, Lamwo, Kiryandongo, Kyegegwa and Kampala. The IRC implements relief and rehabilitation programs in the sectors of Health, Education, Governance and Rights, Gender-based Violence, and Economic Recovery and Development (ERD). The IRC has field Offices in the areas of operation.
The IRC has been implementing ERD programs in northern Uganda since 2005. The IRC is going to be awarded a grant under the Refugees in East Africa: Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (Re:Build) project funded by IKEA Foundation to implement a 5 years project in Kampala and Nairobi cities. The program focuses specifically on promoting economic self-reliance for refugees and vulnerable host communities in Kampala and Nairobi by assisting (a) people to have sustainable livelihoods and (b) facilitating the creation of strong markets and effective and responsive city services that are accessible to all residents. To implement this project, the IRC is seeking for a qualified and competent Ugandan to fill the position of an IKEA/Re:Build Quantitative Household Survey Enumerator to be based in Kampala.
- Interact with refugees and community members in Kampala with the highest level of professionalism and respect
- Explain the study rationale comprehensively and answer questions from the public about the study
- Recruit participants to take part in the study
- Seek and obtain informed consent from study participants
- Interview participants using study tools
- Collect data under the guidance of the lead enumerator using tablets for the survey, and detailed notes/and recordings where possible for the qualitative component
- Synchronize the collected data into the server every evening and submit the tablets to IRC staff every evening – the tablets will be distributed to the enumerators every morning during the entire period that the exercise will take place
- Complete daily scheduled activities and all tasks assigned by the team leader in a timely manner
- Position may involve extensive day travel and walking in the communities
- Diploma or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Other qualifications in M & E shall be an added advantage
- Ability to manage own workload and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be confident in addressing a crowd
- Experience working with tablets and computers for data entry
- Experience administering surveys and/or conducting interviews
- Previous research work experience is an advantage
- Strong organizational skills, ability to take responsibility and prioritize efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- A good command of both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Luganda, Swahilli, Somali, Lingala and/ or Amarik will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works both independently and collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
- Flexibility and prepared to work additional hours
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to respond rapidly to changing environments, yet remain productive and focused;
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and outlook).
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter with copies of academic certificates including 3 professional referees and their contacts online via the link below:
Apply Here Now:
Deadline: 12th December 2020.