Job Title: Health Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Lamwo
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support client follow-up for defaulting of childhood immunizations
- Supervision and mentorships of VHTs within the catchment area
- Keep key informants engaged and motivated
- Support district to effectively conduct Community awareness creation on and vigilance for AFP and health promotion activities both at health facility level and community
- Coordinate and conduct VHT weekly or monthly meetings and other activities with district health team, and other stakeholders to avoid duplication of services
- Collect and compile monthly reports from supported HFs and any activity reports or updates.
- Collaborate with other LG Health staff in conducting active case search for AFP at the health facilities and in the community.
- Participate in and or support the process of AFP case detection, investigation, and reporting. Maintain regular contact with the district health team on all matters pertaining to the project
- Provide regular feedback to the Health Project Officer on project implementation
- Represent IRC at relevant related health partnership and coordination meetings
- Assist in preparation of donor reports.
- Participate in the development of project work plans and reviewing them on a monthly basis with the DHT and Health Project Officer.
- Implement Community Based Environmental Health Activities
- Enforce Environmental Health Act, Regulations and By-laws
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a Certificate in Environmental Health Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- At least three years’ experience working with community structures and district health systems
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team and training in VPD surveillance or IDSR is an added advantage
- Computer literacy, especially in MS office packages, is a MUST
- Proficiency in off-road riding with a valid class A license
- Plans allocation of staff, funds and facilities to deliver on expected outputs.
- Able to define and attain targets within set timeframes
- Able to appreciate and support change initiatives.
- Enforcement of procedures that promote quality and standard health service delivery
- Communicates effectively by giving clear, concise, and accurate information.
- Results-oriented with the ability to assist the unit to achieve its overall objectives.
How To Apply For IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your applications via the link below:
Apply Here Now
Deadline: 10th November 2020