Job Title: Finance Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Reports To: Project Manager – Project Support
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda.
Duty Station: Kitgum, Uganda
International Rescue Committee Profile:
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee ( www.rescue.org ) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict-affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The Finance Assistant – Provide financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Finance and accounting;
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Prepare monthly cash counts
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Cash Box counting according to the financial handbook
- Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports
- Follows a given work plan
- Routine record keeping
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
- Support financial report preparations
- Submit progress and status reports”
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Experience with carrying out admin tasks
- Good communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
- NGO experience
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and well-developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
How to Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Start To Apply Here
Deadline: Monday, July 13th,2020