Job Title: Finance Officer (readvertised) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Kampala
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive and review finance supporting documents to the payment requests for accuracy and completeness before payments are processed
- Process payments in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and completeness for all entries made onto the online and mobile money platforms
- Ensure that all the vendor codes and general ledger codes are correctly captured on the vouchers to facilitate correct entries in the accounting system and compliance with the approved chart of accounts
- Support the Senior Finance officer to complete the cash books and advance reconciliations
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practices
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems
- Review of Field finance data files for accuracy, completeness and correctness of descriptions, amounts and coding.
- Support completion of end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal or no errors.
- Review mobile money requests from the field offices by carrying out Name verifications alongside the created CSV files
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of program advances and charges related to staff personal accounts (T7) and advise the supervisor on course taken to settle outstanding balances.
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Provide support to both external and internal audit processes that are undertaken at the country office
- Implement the shared program costs (SPC) allocation at the field office.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience preferably in an international NGO and at least 1 year of hands-on experience working with EXCEL.
- Knowledge of SUN accounting system and professional accounting qualification is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory and organizational skills; ability to work with computers, effective communication, problem-solving and decision making.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How To Apply For IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your applications via the link below:
Apply Here Now
Deadline: 1st November 2020