Job Title: Finance Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers
- Review transaction voucher forms for approval
- Preparation of the prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Operations Officer and Finance Manager.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approval received
- Pay cash to the payee in the Yumbe Office
- Prepare cheques for approval and payment to the payee
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers
- Make field payments
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions
- Ensure control and use of office stationary.
- Work closely with Administration to raise hotel bookings for visitors to the field.
- Assist the Admin officer to maintain timesheets for all staff.
- Develop and maintain efficient filling system for the field office.
- Act as a cashier
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- A Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance.
- Minimum of 1 year working in the finance function.
- Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite);
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
How To Apply For IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: October 18th,2020