Job Title: Supply Chain Officer – IRC jobs in Uganda
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Job Location: Moroto, Uganda
Employment Type: Full-Time
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala, field offices in Kitgum, Yumbe, Kyaka, Arua & Kiryandongo.
The Supply Chain Officer is an integral member of the management team and reports directly to the Field Coordinator and Management In Partnership (MIP) with the Supply Chain Coordinator. This position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support in the Karamoja Region (Based in Moroto) program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. Key responsibilities include procurement, transport, inventory, asset management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems in the Karamoja region Program.
- Collaborate with Finance Officer to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum bureaucracy.
- Work with Karamoja region Field Office Supply Chain Staff and Field Coordinator to ensure effectiveness and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Implement job-specific training to ensure that Supply Chain staff’ possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements. All staff act in accordance with the policies.
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to the Supply Chain field (procurement, asset, etc).
- Monitor Karamoja Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize Procurement Plans for all grants in Karamoja Region. Work with program staff towards establishing procurement plans before the start of each grant ensuring they fit the activities in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually, and donor requirements followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
Training & Outreach
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC Karamoja region staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Identify Supply Chain needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications, etc, in order for them to clearly share this information.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all Supply Chain staff and provide day to day supervision of the department.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology that provides for clear and structured improvement.
- Develop a long term plan for continued quality leadership by providing staff development and succession plans.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles.
- Ensure a clear delineation of roles for procurement.
- Ensure the update of file and list of vendors in the Karamoja region.
- Ensure transport services are cost-efficient and reliable.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed off according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Supply Chain works consistently with Security to maintain required security levels, awareness and responsiveness.
- The implementation and/or maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance with IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff/programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain Vendor information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide the appropriate training for procurement and program staff as required.
- Advise the Field Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Advise the Supply Chain Manager of asset-specific issues or improvements
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
- Monitor security of IRC’s assets and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the assets for issuance.
- Ensure assets are signed for received on the Equipment issue and receipt form
- On a monthly basis, work with the Operations Coordinator to reconcile the asset register and Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the asset register regularly.
- Conduct routine asset inspection and submit reports to the Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of asset inward and outward movement in the Asset register
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, or any other related field.
- Knowledge of generic Supply Chain procedures and practices (INGO experience is an added advantage).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations/laws advantageous.
- Three years’ work experience in Supply Chain (Procurement, Assets, Transport and Warehouse).
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Competent in spoken and written English.
How To Apply for IRC jobs in Uganda
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications via the link below.
Click here to apply.
Deadline: 11th March 2021. This position is contingent on the availability of funds.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.