Job Title: Supply Chain Volunteer – IRC jobs in Uganda 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala, field offices in Kitgum, Yumbe, Kyaka, Arua & Kiryandongo.
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Volunteer will be responsible for ensuring that supplier files are maintained and updated. The Supply Chain Volunteer will assist the Supply Chain Officer(s) in various areas to ensure that the store is well maintained and the issuing and receiving of items is done as per policy while ensuring security/safety of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Focal person to receive all mail and distribute it to the intended recipients as well all documentation from the field offices that requires approval from Kampala.
- Assist the SC Officer Warehouse & Stores to ensure that stores documentation is updated in a timely manner upon receipt and issuance of items.
- Maintain and update procurement supplier files by ensuring filing is done correctly as per SC Records Management SOP.
- Assist the Supply Chain Officer with processing payments, recording the payments in the payments book, and ensuring the payments are submitted to finance.
- Assist the SC team with printing documents, scanning, and filing as and when the need arises.
- Assist the SCO-Warehouse to ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Work with the SCO Warehouse to manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC Kampala warehouse.
- Assist the SCO Warehouse to implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
- Assist with stock take and stock counts.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the store(s).
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Work with Urban and field teams to process payments for the vehicle hire service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of procurement and generic store management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent in computer use and maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
How To Apply for IRC Jobs in Uganda 2021 (UN Jobs in Uganda):
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications via the link below.
Click here to apply.
Deadline: 29th March 2021.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.